LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shanti panda (na)     07 December 2012

Harrasment by a friend and her

In 2007, due to financial and safety of a 21+ girl ,my friend and her family members asked me to keep her younger sister with me.Since i know their family since childhood , i took care of the her sister like own sister

In 2010,due to her family quareel her father got tortured staying with her brothers and family.So i allowed her father too to stay with us for temporary periods.Her father is  65 yrs old .

I  got married in 2011 and i noticed that my married life got disturbed due to that girl.So i requested and told that girl to go back her home and strictly told that i cannot take her reponsibilty now.I tried my all effort to make her understand what she is doing is not good,

But my husband wants her to stay with us.After knowing this she is now adment not to go her home.

I contacted her sisters,brother in laws,her uncle to take them back her house  but nobody responded till date.

She is not working and fully depended on me and my husband,We both are working.

Due to her now even me and my husband are fighting each other from 2011.Now he is even ready for divorce but i know he is saying in anger.

Me and my husband did court marriage agaist both of our family wish.So i am unable to ask them for any help.

Please advice me what i will do ?

Can i file police FIR on her and family ?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     07 December 2012

Merely because she refuses to leave your house - when clearly your husband wants her to stay - is not a criminal offence. Hence you cannot initiate any criminal proceedings against that lady or her family as long as your husband permits them to live. 

Bharat Chugh - Advocate Supreme Court of India

Blog : www.advocatebharatchugh.wordpress.com, www.bharatchugh.wordpress.com

Stay Connected on Facebook ! www.facebook.com/advocatebharatchughonthelawsofindia

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     07 December 2012

Dear Querist

I agree with Mr. Bharat Chugh.

Rashid Ali (own practice as a criminal lawyer)     09 December 2012

not possible to proceed against that girl without consent of your husband'

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register