LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avinash Thakur   23 June 2017

Harassment from kotak appointed collection agency for citifi

I had Taken a loan from citifinance in 2005 or 2006 not sure about the date however there were many complaints lodged by me towards citifinaince about their fraud collection officers.
At One instance I even made a payment if 25500 to the citifinaince guy in cash and he even charged me 5000 for doing the settlement with the citi employee card with him he gave us assurance seeking the final settlement and then he was gone like he must have vanished in mid air and when numerous calls and efforts I got no reply from citi finance we also left it.

Just thinking that everything is over now and that we are done with the payments however I get a Call after 10 years saying that I need to pay what the hell is this what was the bank doing for 10 years still I agreed to pay however the amount quoted by the collection agency was 21k and I have told them my final offer is 15k final now they have called my ex business partner and told him tell Avinash Thakur to Pay the loan they call my wife everyday my mom and that lady from the collection agency is asking my mom you dont have brains that you cannot guide your son when the loan has been taken by me I am extremely frustrated with this and sought help of a lawyer friend and he suggested first write to kotak and RBI emails if that does not help he is always there to help me.

I have the recorded call conversation where the rep from the collection agency is saying that they will call my boss and tell him that you are not paying loan EXTORTION is waht they are doing defaming my name.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 June 2017

You have tasted just the first bite and you are not aware of the outsourced agent background, they are even capable of selling the kidney to recover that amount and they are having the fastest network and most sincere and dedicated personnel.   Whereever you reside or change in Mumbai, it takes hardly one day for them to trace your whereabouts.

It is left to your decision either to enter into compromise and enjoy mental peace forgetting the past or wish to enter into further litigations.  You may not be knowing about them in full.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 June 2017

It appears that you have not disclosed the complete facts.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 June 2017

I agree with expert Mr. P Venu, incomplete facts can not help to form an opinion and advise.

Avinash Thakur   24 June 2017

making the long story short.

A citifinance loan which I thought was settled in the year 2006 is still not settled and the reacovery agency called me saying that the money you had paid to the recovery agent has not been received by the bank hence they have started to call me my mom my wife and my friends still I have agreed to settle the loan amount of 31,000 for 15,000 however the collection agency claim to close it at 21,000 and they say till you dont pay us we will keep bothering your mother wife and friends I have taken care of that as I have blocked all their numbers I talk with them when they call but they are ademant on 21,000 I just want to close this loan and get rid of the collection agency I dont mind them calling me and my friends or even my family but when I am ready to close why are they not agreeing to it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register