Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Harassment from in laws

Dears,

I am here with a most critical problem of my life. need suggestion from you kind people to guide me.
I am working in Noida and lives there only, my wife lives with my mother in my hometown.I belong to a city in UP.
i got married in month of june 2012. first six month of my marriage was ok, after that problem started and i lost all the interest in my wife. but still we both were trying to make the things better. after 6 month of marriage i had no physical relation with my wife. Main problem comes in year 2014 june  when i was detected with HIV positive. i did not tell this to anybody and was struggling to tell my wife and other family members. i dint had courage to tell about my illness to anybody. Keeping in mind that i did not had physical relation with my wife since more than 2 yrs , so i wasnt sure that i should get my wife also tested or not?, as she seems healthy . but this year from Month of May she started falling sick frequenty, i took decision and get her tested for HIV and she also found positive, i took her to ART center and started medicine and did counselling also but slowly she fall sick badly. as i lived in Delhi and working so gets less time for family but still i tried to manage things as much as possible. in my family only my mother is there and she is also not well . wife fall sick badly and her family members asked me to take her to their home for festival of rakhi.keeping her situation in  mind i thought it should be better for her so i let her go. i Thought they will take care of her and she will recover. HIV is life thretining but if we fight we can live our whole life. But my wife is weak , she could not take it easily. and was thinking abut it day and night. she detected with typhoid. slowly her health got worsen. she detected with brain TB. and parellaley her family also came to know about her HIV status. things gets ugly from here. her mother took her phone abused me many a time for her situation , i kept quite but my mother in law did not , she shared this information(HIV Status) with every possible person in my family and city. she was accusing me for all this.even they are saying we(me.my mother and sister) hide this truth from them , they are claming i was having this problem before marriage itself. they are trying to frame all my family memebrs. My mother is still unaware about my illness. all her family is baheving badly with me, i can understand there situation but still i am also fighting with the same desease. and i can also fall sick anytime. my CD4 count is dropping drastically day by day. i am afraid soon i ll also be on bed.
Currently my wife is in hospital and i m taking care of her with her family members. they are abusing me day and night but i dint said any words, i just requested them that please let her recover from this illness then you can do anything with me. day and night they are abusing my wife also , she is going into deep depression.
Now please suggest me what to do. my life , my family, my career everything is on stake. Please suggest how to come out of this mess. what worst they can do to me how i can come from it?  I can take care of her and infact since last 15 days i m on leave and in hospital and taking care of her. she is recovering but keeping current situation in mind i am afraid if she can fight with this illness or not. 
please suggest, and let me know if any more info required. sorry for bad english.

Thanks

Learning

9 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     04 October 2015

Anonymous queries are not answered unless identity is revealed.

(Guest)

Agree with Mr Saitnat

(Guest)
Thanks everyone for your kind help

(Guest)
Thanks everyone for your kind help

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 October 2015

SOrry for the problem you are in. In this case you had deliberately hidden your HIV status (may be before marriage) from your wife and she had no notice of the same and continued s*x life with you. This way you have given her fatal blow which you knew will in all probability case death. It is only lawyer having full facts will tell whether this is a case u/s 299 or 304a of IPC.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     10 October 2015

Good conclusion by Adv Sudhirji.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 October 2015

No doubt you suppressed the fact material for marriage in that you did not disclose about your dreaded disease to her despite knowing it before marriage.  So you have committed breach of trust or cheating on her.  But at this stage it will be better if you take care of her under your own control instead of depending on others so that let atleast her last days be peaceful and happy.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 October 2015

It is not only breach of trust rather culpable homicide (punishable with life imprisonment) which is committed. --------------- You just cannot have any greivance against mother in law, howsoever bad she may speak about you and in presence of whatsoever number of persons. --------------- It is you who have paved way to death for her healthy daughter and she has all he rights to suspect malafide against you and your family. --------------- People do willingly marry their fatally ill sons for the sake of extracting dowry before he dies. You are lucky if she has decided not to go to Police against you all. --------------- You are saying that your mother& sister is not aware of your disease. But why at all it should be believed. Why it should not be believed that they were also abettors in your crime punishable with Life Imprisonment. --------------- So my dear you need the mercy of your in-laws not only during life time but even after your death to ensure that your family remains out of jail.

(Guest)
I was not aware of this before marriage, only came to know 2 yr after marriage.. And before that i dint had physical relationship with her. As i said i had relation only during first 6 month of marriage. Once i came to know about her illness i took care of her.. Shes with me. She knows i dint did this deliberately.. I m also suffering from same illness, and mentally very weak.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register