LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mrinal bhattacharjee (suptdg. engineer)     05 October 2014

Harassment by warden

My son has been frequently harassed by his hostel warden on the pretext of checking his room that he shares with his two other room mates. The warden often singles out my son for harassment as he belongs to a different community. A match box used by my son for lighting incense sticks and mosquito coil has been implied as his smoking habits though he does not smoke. The warden has been abusive and uses provocative words to rile him to do something wrong. It is a case under IPC sec 504? Or any other sec under IPC ? I am staying at a place very far away from his hostel. What can I do to set things right? Please advise.

Learning

3 Replies

AS   06 October 2014

Move your boy to some good PG.

Why you want to get into legal fight . It is WARDEN behavioural problem.  

But your son has to live alone over there , so it may create problem for him.

Its  my personal feeling ....You can check with rest of people here.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     06 October 2014

It is better advice to go for new hostel,rather prolonging with this nuisance. There are enough state laws to check this menace, apart from IPC 506,441,426.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 October 2014

If you initiate or contemplate to initiate any legal action against your warden, sometimes if the warden is let off with minor reprieve or after reprimanded, he may have grudge against hour son and will indirectly harass him to the core and your son's life will be at peril.  Hence it is better you change his hostel and be at peace.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register