LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M R Rajoria   10 August 2016

Harassment by unmarried major daughter

I am a govt. pensioner aged 68 years and my wife had expired 22 years ago. I have been suffering with diabetes, BP, artherites & other problems and under medication for the same. My third daughter aged 38 years(well educated) is unmarried and has been in affair with someone for the last 10 years.  I am willing to marry her but she does not tell her lovers name and residential address.  So i am unable to contect her lover and his parents whether he wants to marry her or not.  Instead of lodging any complaint against her lover who doesn't want to marry her, she has been harrassing and torturing me mentally.  I have been paying her pocket money monthly. In addition to this she has been enjoying all facilities in my house.   She and her lover tried their best to seek her share in my movable and immovable property belongs to me with my own money.  But she failed to do so and there is no law to permit the same.  Therefore, she has started threatening me and my son to implicate us in domestic violance cases. Sometimes she leaves home without informing me and comes at odd hours.  When i ask her to inform me where she is going, she threatens me that i cannot ask her the same leagally as she is major and can go anywhere without informing me.  She has also lodged a false complaint of domestic violence against me and my son with the concerned police station.  Thereafter i had also filed a complaint against her.  Kindly advise me how i can be protected under the laws being senior citizen.   

Learning

5 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     11 August 2016

You can disown your daughter so that your daughter can't lay any claim over your property unless you die intestate. also you can obtain stay from the court to prevent your daughter from entering the premises which you own.also gather proof for the cruelty meted by your daughter against you which will be useful to prove her cruel intentions. As far as the dv case is concerned you would be called for mediation and that time you can put forth your facts.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 August 2016

If you are willing to pass on your assets to your son then you may register your WILL.

You may get your self examined by a doctor (preferably govt) that you are mentally sound, before signing the WILL.

Prakash S Thakkar (B.S.L LL.B)     11 August 2016

Uncle file a suit for permanent injunction in civil court and mandatory injunction. Or call me on 9765470629....

jayp   28 August 2016

why dont you kick her out of your house?!  Like this there won't be any issue of domestic violence or harrassement.  

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 October 2016

Posted at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=143033&offset=2

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register