LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naveenkumar   30 July 2015

Harassment by so called legal team of tikona

Tikona Broadband had raised an inflated and wrong bill on disconnection of service. I requested them to clarify the same on their customer care. Instead of generating the right bill, they started harassing me through their so called legal advisors. Who by their way of talking seemed no more than goons/ recover agents. I spoke to their customer support team to stop this, they told that I pay whatever sytem generated bill is else I will keep getting such calls. So I have decided to lodge a Police Complaint. Here is my statement that I intend to handover to Police. Is this enough or should I add something more?

Subject : Complaint regarding the following issues

1.      Harassment through Telephonic calls by unidentified persons
  2.      My telephone number has been shared by Ms Tikona Digital Networks (TDN) with unidentified people based allegedly at Delhi. 

1.       I have been receiving harassing and intimidating calls from unknown mobile numbers since past 5 days allegedly from advocates based at Thees Hazari Court Delhi.

2.       First a lady called me on 24 Jul 2015 (date may not be exact) and told that she is from Delhi Civil Authority and she is an officer from court and I have to pay for an unsettled bill else the court will impound all my Government Id Cards. Since I was in a hurry I told the lady that I’ll call her back in half an hour. She disconnected the call saying that I should meet her in court. Similarly another call came to me on 28 Jul 2015 that I have to pay Rs. 1260 a bill from Ms Tikona Digital Networks (TDN) else face court notice. I told the lady that the final bill as claimed by Tikona is flawed and I have intimated the same to the company on their customer care number. I further informed her that I would write back to them and pay the bill after resolution of the matter. I accordingly wrote a mail to Tikona and asked them to clarify again.

3.       However, it became a nuisance when a person identifying himself as Advocate Devinder Chouhan started making continuous calls to me from different numbers viz., 9650466886, 9910259394, 9910537335, 9599684544, 8527224808, 9650182031, 9820789886. This person would call me and insult me and tell me that I should pay the money right away else he would keep troubling me. When I told him this is an offence, he dared me to give a Police Complaint and started asking me if I’ve given a complaint and was the FIR number. This despite of me telling him that I’ve raised the issue with Tikona and am awaiting for their reply.

4.       Further, I called Tikona Customer care and told them to stop these calls and resolve the billing issue. After listening to everything, two customer care executives Mr Rashid and Santosh (the names as told on phone) told me that I should just pay the money else I will continue to get such calls. When I demanded them to tell me with who all they have shared my phone number on what authority, they told me that it was none of my business and I just have to pay the money.

5.       This is clear case of criminal intimidation and harassment of a former customer over phone, that too through goons in the guise of legal authorities.

6.       I request you to kindly register an FIR against the unknown callers who made calls from the mobile numbers 9650466886, 9910259394, 9910537335, 9599684544, 8527224808, 9650182031, 9820789886 and Ms Tikona Digital Networks (TDN) for sharing my number with others to threaten and intimidate me and to force me to pay the amount that they claim.

Learning

5 Replies

In addition to the above, I also am contemplating to go to consumer court for their poor service, inflated charges and fraudulent ways of threatening the customers. Can someone help in this regard?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 July 2015

You are contemplating to approach DCDRF.

Prefer to proceed thru your lawyer specializing in consumer cases.

Let your lawyer draft your police complaint too.

Record all calls (audio/visual).

@ Kumar Doab,

Thank you for your prompt reply will do consider your suggestion.

arikkris88   30 June 2016

HI Naveen

How it was resolved finally? Did you pay the wrong amount asked by tikona?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2016

Ther are many illustratious threads on M/s Tikona at LCI that can be relevant and useful e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Case-against-me-by-tikona-80392.asp

Once can search judgments at;

www.confonet.nic.in

https://indiankanoon.org

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register