Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tutu   21 December 2014

Harassment and salary

Dear Readers,

I work in a call center. Its a startup.A month or 2 old and its biggest mistake of my life , i work here. I don't have any offer letter or any proof that i work here.

3-4 days back my employers surrounded me,closed the office doors and asked me in a rude manner to open my facebook messages and checked my phone and shouted on me to show my messages as they suspected me of doing something wrong and  when after doing this ,they did not found me of doing anything wrong they said later on silently in a mute mode sorry and said  we were afraid,forget it.

I literally cried after this and I find my managers to be addicted to drugs , I am afraid to go to office , My friend who have been working there were also not happy with this but i feel ruined and everyone works for money so they could not raise voice for me as well.

I just have completed a month and i want my salary and they will pay on 1st or 2nd of next month. 

When i think of complaining i don't have any proof of employment and fear that as they are rich they might not hesitate in using the law against me and even beat me for this.

Please suggest what should i do , I am afraid but i need my salary as this is my source of living and there are 10 more days till they pay the salary.

Please Guide me.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 December 2014

Continue to attend to duties of you are not asked to not come to office. Download attendance record. If you have been asked to not to attend to office then submit a written representation addressed to MD and ask to supply you the wages with salaryslip.. You must contact eelders in the family and along with them employees/trade union leaders, Labor Law Consultant/Service Lawyer ..... As per (Name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishment Act it might be mandatory to issue appointment letter, ID Card to all employees... As per Payment of Wages Act,Central Min.Wages Rules 26(3,4) it is mandatory to supply salary slip at least a day before the payment of Wages on the pay day.... If the need be you can approach Inspector appointed under these Acts,o/o Labor Commissioner and if you have proof your lawyer may opine that you can lodge police complaint for intrusion in your property/privacy....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register