LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PS   05 April 2018

Handling the bail cancellation due to bail condition violation

Hello, My 498A bail hearing is going in High Court Kolkata. I have a textile business in USA/Europe where I have to up down on regular basis. The High Court gave me the Interim Bail with the condition not to leave India without prior permission from the court. While due to business in USA/Europe, I have not followed this condition set by the High Court for the interim bail and have traveled 6-7 times without seeking permission from the court. OP has come to know about my travel. But I have attended all the dates in HC along with all dates of Investigation called by the IO. Pls help, how to handle the situation if the OP files/argues about the cancellation of the bail.

Learning

2 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     05 April 2018

Your attendance in various court proceedings and before IO is defense for you. As you never missed any date no chance of cancellation of bail allowed to you by High Court. Rest wait for any application made by OP for cancellation of bail unless that is made just on apprehension of the same no advise here can be given.

PS   19 April 2018

Hello Sir, The state has filed the application for cancellation. Making the grounds that I have left India X times on A & B & C .... dates. It has become reskier for me now to safeguard the Bail Application. Can you please explain, if it can be safguarded on good conduct grounds of attending all dates, attending Investigation Regularly? OR any other suggestion, you would like to give.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register