Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Distressed PS (Manager)     01 June 2011

Hacking Emails and cyber law

Hi experts,

Is hacking wife's email ID to collect proof of her infidelity a crime? what can be the possible arguments in favour of the husband.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

v.sreenivas sivaram (senior civil judge CUM ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER)     02 June 2011

hacking anybodys mail id except yours is a crime under information technology act 2000 with respect to your infedelity you lodge a complaint with your local police station or cyber crime police station which authorises them to collect electronic evidence

1 Like

Distressed PS (Manager)     03 June 2011

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

However, I am scared that if the police informs her or my in-laws I will be in trouble. Once informed, will they keep this a secret until the investigation is complete? I am afraid of my in-laws as they are extremely powerful in WB. Even though I live in Hyderabad now. My case will be in Kolkata so not sure if Hyd police will help me anyway.

Kindly guide me.

Regards

PS

v.sreenivas sivaram (senior civil judge CUM ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER)     04 June 2011

Better approach the Chairman/ secretary,City Civil Court Legal Services Authority,  Nyaya Seva Sadan,CITY CIVIL COURT COMPLEX, AT PURANIHAVELI, HYDERABAD.Secretary,  DLSA:   94409 01065 (Mobile) and discuss with them and see what can be done if required you will be provided with free legal services.

1 Like

Deepak Vasudevan (Tech Architect)     28 June 2011

>>Hi experts, Is hacking wife's email ID to collect proof of her infidelity a crime? what can be the possible arguments in favour of the husband. Thanks

It may or may not be a crime from the marriage law but definitely a business crime from the ISP itself. Any email service provider has a terms of service you agree when accessing their service in not intruding into any other accounts without proper authorisations. So basically you are incurring a double bullet targetting your head.

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     28 July 2011

but why hacking other option with help of cyber police and court collect evidence in that email

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register