LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Hackers' den

My pension acct was blocked for internet banking as well as ATM withdrawal by the bank. It does not inform me. I get inconvenienced and gave the IT officer at its Head Office mouthful. It unblocked my acct at 1710 hrs on 01 Jan. And my acct was hacked immediately. Rs 90,000.00 transferred on 01/02 Jan. 

The bank again blocked my acct. and then informed me. I was given the IP no from where  (located at Australia, Canada, Nigeria) the money in 11 instalments to five beneficiaries to diff branch of the same bank in India got transferred. I believed them. Later they retracted and called those transfers as valid internet transfes and blamed me for compromising my credentials.

On the IP @ Australia, Canada ,Nigeria I believed them..but now I am suspicious as something more serious happened to my acct.  I have got all the five beneficiaries facebook accts..in fact I am following them..they do not know. I am also following two more gentlemen to whom a copy of the mail sent wherein i was informed that my acct has been unblocked at 1710 Hrs on 01 Jan.

Can some one tell me how to trace the IP No given to me..and bare them all.

Learning

11 Replies

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     23 May 2014

First and for most step you should take is file a FIR in local police station who will then forward this case to Cyber Cell and it is then their duty to trace the IP address or location from which the transaction took place and for IP address please do remember even if you trace them there is no use because reading your query that the hackers are well efficient hackers they may change their IP with different tools and softwares and the IP you traced may be wrong , so go and file and FIR regarding the same

(Guest)

In fact it the bank which detected the phishing attack in Oct /Nov 2009, they blocked my acct for internet transfers (outgoing) till 01 Jan 2010 when they unblocked it on my request as I was terribly inconvenied..They unblocked it at 1710 hrs on 01 Jan 2010 and a sum of Rs 90,000.00 was allowed to be hacked by the hackers on 01/02 Jan 2010. As per the rule in such cases the bank should have stopped the transaction and give me OTP to operate..In fact I did not operate my computer and did not know that my acct had been unblocked. Later before the BO Hyd against my complaint the bank gave the IP add located at Australia, Canada & Nigeria and the acct numbers of five beneficiaries in India in the same bank (BOI) at different branches in and around their Head Office at Mumbai..

Attached File : 518831705 boi reply ip add.docx downloaded: 79 times

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     28 May 2014

Lodge an FIR that will help you a lot , you can make the Bank also liable for the same 

cyberlawyer (barrister)     02 June 2014

The transfer should take place only on sending OTP password to your registered SMS. Moreover there is a rule that if a large amount i.e., more than 50000 is transferred, the account holder should seek the consent of the manager. I dont know how far this will apply with e-transfers. Take necessary action as per our fellow members asap... 

(Guest)

Those were the people who were associated with hacking of Rs 9000.00 from my acct. Vikas the person in charge of internet banking at BOI Head Office Mumbai.He is the one who kept my acct blocked unilaterally for the past two months supposedly due to phishing attacks detected by their sophisticated equipments installed monitored 24x7. I was inconevienced as I was blocked not only for internet banking but for debit card use as well. I demanded unblocking my acct on 01 Jan which was done at 1710 hrs on the same day..And from 1711 hrs onward on 01 and 02 Jan a sum of money was transferred in 11 instalments by hackers located at Australia, Canada and Nigeria ( All these countries are in the different continents with differenet time zones with India..these info was given none other than the Zonal Manager of BOI at Hyderabad).and in the mail sent to me at 1710 hrs on 01 Jan Mr VIKAS informed two of his collegues namely Dillip srl 2 and Prem Anumula srl no3 who I guess were the bank's employee. Serial 4 -7 were the beneficiaries with their acct held at various branches of the same bank i.e BOI. Hachers as per the Experts of the bank were located at IP No 165.228.177.205 (Australia), 208.78.58.78 (Canada) & 77.70.128.142 (Nigeria..though this shows Perth Australia during my search). Time zone for Perth & Brisbane is GMT + 5.50 & 10 hrs whwere as CANADA is having a 12 hrs gap. This clearly shows collusion as three people at three geographical locations each one at least 3000 kms away and more than 11000 km away from India could log in to hack my account within a second of unblocking of my account to carry out 11 transfers ranging from Rs 1000 to 20,000.00 to beneficiary accts of  Gaikwad, Dhirwani , Shetty  and Makwana all located in and around VIKAS CHOUDHA their senior internet manager all having the acct in the bank of India..it certainly a BOLLYWOOD MASALA MOVIE material.

1. Vikas Kumar Choudha Senior Manager Internet Banking BOI Navi Mumbai

2. Dillip Vithalrao Gaikwad Informed by Vikas BOI

3. Prem Anumula informed by Vikas BOI

4 Sudhakar Vittal Shetty Goregaon acct no 002210110004888

5 Viswajeet V Gaikwad 003510310000097  & 6 Kamaljeet Kumar Dhirwani 003510310000109 --Nai Gaun Cross

7 Dharamshi B makwana 251410310003024 Hazira 

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     03 June 2014

Are these guys arrested any departmental enqiurys against them , did you lodged complaint with cyber cell make bank also liable under vicarious liability you will be entitled for the money lost with interest thereon

(Guest)

No. The bank which blocked my acct before and after the hacking later backtracked before the Banking Ombudsman and claimed them to be VALID INTERNET TRANSFERS and put the blame on me for compromising my credentials..not withstanding the timing of the hacking from different locations inthe globe just a second after my acct was unblocked giving no chance even to change my password etc..I had made complaints to cybercell who in turn asked me to lodge a complaint with the bank as they found no phihing mail /spam activities in my acct prior to the hacking ..The Zonal Manager IT was also present there who asured me of getting the money back from their KNOWN CUSTOMERS..but the BO Hyd sided with the bank and that discouraged me to go further as LAW IS SUCH A STUPID THING IN INDIA and takes 22.3 years on average to resolve an issue..and with pension in hand I dared no be too adventurous.

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     03 June 2014

If you feel that your grievance is not heard or like to report the matter , you can take it towards conserned Police Comissioner or take help of a local lawyer expert in Cyber crime and banking and file a suit in consumer court or as your lawyer advises

cyberlawyer (barrister)     03 June 2014

DOnt have words to say buddy. I think that the banking ombudsman is well aware of all these and supporting these rogues...  

In my life i will never EVER be a banker with BOI...

(Guest)

Saddest part  of the story..Since Feb 2009 I was receiving pension & related terminal benefits in that pension acct held with Bank of India..From Sep 2009 onwards 6 CPC dues and arrears started getting credited and since then my acct was blocked unilaterally by the bank (Vikas Choudha , the key player at the head quarters at Mumbai) for 4 times in 4 months. I was told it was due to suspected phishing attacks on my pension acct..and on as I have stated above a Rs 90,000.00 was hacked to five accts in various branches in and around their head office just a second after my acct was unblocked at 1710 hrs on 01 Jan .Only "GLAD" part of it there was Rs 17 Lacs balance in my pension acct as 6 CPC dues credited a few days earlier.

The Zonal Manager Mr Diwakar , zo Hyderabad assued me in person that he is direct contct with the beneficiaries and the money will be recovered very very soon. I do not know whether that money recovered from their KNOWN CUSTOMERS and shared internally but it is never returned to me. Now I have one of the beneficiary traced and is friend in My facebook acct. I will get the info whether he has paid back the money or not..I am trying to trace all those people in the social media ..and I am sure will catch up with them ..

(Guest)

@Sunil Nair you know why a pensioner like me is shy of not filing a complaint with either with consumer court or the civil court or te criminal court it is the justice delivery system in India..Further Rule of Law is not ensured..besides being harassed at this age. I have a case pending with the High Court of AP WP 21313 /2013 where Iam denied CAP quota for my daughter for admn to MBBS gainst her EAMCET 2013 rank. It was filed on 16/7/2013 paying a handsome money to a reputed lawyer who failed to get my case heard urgently , failed to get a CHEAT sorry CHIt sorry Court Slip .. It was posted to a Judge who refused to hear it as it was to be heard by another Judge. That judge heard it and asked the GP Home to submit its counter within two weeks..That two weeks have not completed as yet but in between four Judges have been changed and the case never reached by any one of them..IT IS STILL PENDING WITH HIGH COURT OF AP RENAMED AS HIGH COURT OF HYDERABD and there are two states ..God knows whethre there will be A SEEMANDHARA JUDGE OR A TELENGANA JUDGE  with GP Home from Telengana or from Seemandhara..it is important as my case pertains to CAP quota to ESM ..So its not so easy for a pensioner to approach the court at the drop of a hat ..but I am optimistic.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register