Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surendar.S (Employee)     31 August 2015

Guide us for register marriage in special marriage act

Hi Friends,

i'm Surendar, planning to do love marriage with my family acceptance. I'm loving a gril, she is belonging to Andhra. We are planning to do the marriage very simple. At the same time, girl is divorced. So can't able to get marriage in Temple normally like gettting First marriage certificate etc. I'm staying in Chennai and I've rental agreement with me. As well as, Both are major I'm 26 and she is 28, educated as well, having certificate for age proof, and both of us can provide ration card of our families as residential proof(i'm belonging to Madurai and She is belongin to Andhra Vizag). I read in google/previous post regarding Special Marrige act. Could you please provide your valuable guidance to register my marriage through Special Marriage Act. Procedure and what are the documents I need to submit.

-

Thanks,

Surendar.S

Learning

5 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     31 August 2015

You can get your marriage at chennai, or Madurai or Vizag.  Contact the local marriage officer (generally will be SDM of the area - find out) under Special Marriage Act and fill up the prescribed form.  You require 1. photo graphs of both 2. Age proof 3. residential proof of either boy or girll.  Both have to file affidavits in specified language which is available with the Marriage Officer.  Submit the application along with attested documents and affidavit.  They will fix marriage date one month after submission of application.  On the fixed date both boy and girl along with three witnesses, one shall be gazetted officer among three witnesses go and marriage will be registered and on the same date or next date marriage the certificate will be issued.

Prabhakar Advocate

(M)9958670740.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     01 September 2015

yes,act as per the advice of AdvPrabhakar,nothing more to add.

Surendar.S (Employee)     07 September 2015

Thank you for the valuable replies. Understood that SMA is fine for me and can you please suggest me any of the advocate for me to do the further process. I'm in Pallavakam, Near Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai.

-Anil

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     07 September 2015

log on to justdial.com/chennai/lawyers

Surendar.S (Employee)     07 September 2015

Thanks!!. For SMA is Advocate is requied or I can go and do all the process directly.

-Anil

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register