Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surendar.S (Employee)     03 October 2014

Guide us for doing register marriage (urgent)

Hi Friends,

I am Surendar, 25 and working in IT from TamilNadu. I'm loving a girl, she is belonging to AndhraPradesh and she is also working in same office. Her age is 27, both are planning to marry. We didn't get acceptance from both side parents. So, we are thinking to marry legally in register office. We don't know the procedure for that. Could you please help us for this issue. Hope I will get proper guidance.

Note:

1) What is the procedure ?

2) what are the document is required ?

3) Is there is any problem for doing marriage in TN?

-

Thanks, 

Surendar.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     03 October 2014

By googling find out the address of the Marriage Officer under Special Marriage Act.  Both go to him and fill up the application for marriage along with passport size photographs of both of you, residence proof and age proof.  You both have also to file affidavits, the proforma is available in the office itself.  After filing the application with requisite fee, which is about Rs.25/- you will be given a date convenient to both of you one month from the date of filing of application.  On that date you both have to go with your original certificates of age and proof of residence along with three respectable witnesses.  He will register the marriage and the marriage certificate will be issued to you on that day or on the next day.

(LAST REPLY)  

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 October 2014

@ Author,

Value adding on to ld. brother Adv. Chandrasekhar’s above response, complete information (Tamil Nadu) is mentioned in below link (help yourself);

Link:-

https://www.tnreginet.net/english/tel02.asp

[Last reply]

Surendar.S (Employee)     03 October 2014

Thanks for your valuable replies. Here, we don't have any residence proof in Chennai. What I have to do for that. We both have passport & certificates more than that we don't have anything. So, next step what I have to do. Please help us.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 October 2014

Kindly re-read 100 times the link and then ask. BTW what is written under para 2 in that link? Don't both of you claiming to work in IT Company have Employee ID Card yet claim here in your brief that both of you are working in same IT office? What is this, people ask question, get reply and donot even bother to read fully the replies or provided link yet come back again sleeping. Pls. donot ask here if you don't want to read replies or link fully, instead pay consultation fees to a local advocate and seek replies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register