Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankur   22 September 2017

Gst on underconstruction apartment

Hello,

I am purchasing an apartment as first floor in a double story building. The builder asks me to pay GST on basic price and preferential location charges. But the builder doesn't clarify what would be the refund I will be given on GST that he receives as input credit on his purchase.

Can you please clarify applicable law in this regard and how to handle this matter?

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Dharmik@5192   22 September 2017

you can not claim itc. bcz you are purchasing residential flat. and as per defination of supply it is not in furtherance. of business

Dharmik@5192   22 September 2017

you can not claim itc. bcz you are purchasing residential flat. and as per defination of supply it is not in furtherance. of business

Ankur   23 September 2017

Thanks for the message. Can you please also clear one more thing? Is GST applicable on complete property value or only construction in case of under construction flat/apartment purchase? What is the applicable GST percentage?

Ankur   24 September 2017

Can we claim GST refund according to anti=profiteering clause which says that if a builder receives input tax credit then builder needs to pass on the refund to buyer of the flat?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register