Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tuhin Kumar Chakrabarti   09 September 2016

Gratuity transfered for working less then 5 years in a organisation.

Sir, I had worked for around 4 years 3 month in a PSU , while working I had applied to another PSU through proper channel for a better post. I got selected and joined the new PSU by giving 3 months notice period and proper relieving. My question is that whether I am eligible to get my gratuity amount transfered for 4 years 3 month from my earlier PSU to present PSU,where I am working now . Thanks & Rgds.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 September 2016

If you have worked for 4Y3M including notice period i.e. DOJ-LWD; then you are not eligible.

However employer can by its sweet will offer better benefits and pay by its sweet will.

If you have resigned in previous PSU, then this might have caused discontinuity.

Tuhin Kumar Chakrabarti   10 September 2016

TO : Mr. Kumar Doab,

May I know , why my service will be treated as discontinuity , because I had joined the new PSU with in 15 days of relieving from my earlier PSU. As far as I know , it will be treated as discontinuity if it is minimum 2 months after relieving from my earlier PSU.

Also I would like to know that in some PSU's there is a practice of transferring the service period , will I am eligible for that from my earlier PSU.

Thanks & Rgds.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 September 2016

>>> You should know that in your 1st post/query you have not mentiond that : "because I had joined the new PSU with in 15 days of relieving from my earlier PSU. As far as I know , it will be treated as discontinuity if it is minimum 2 months after relieving from my earlier PSU."

If there is any rule that joining from: one PSU from which you resigned tendering notice period, to second PSU does not cause discontinuity in service, then it was not posted by you in your 1st post.

Anyway if there is such option/benefit/provision available, then you may excercise it.

>>> You have posted in your 2nd post that: "Also I would like to know that in some PSU's there is a practice of transferring the service period , will I am eligible for that from my earlier PSU."

You alone shall have to find it from both PSU's and confirm it.

Anyway if there is such provision available, then you may excercise it and benefit from it.

If such provisions are available then it shall be better get it in writing on record, and also inserted in your personnel files.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 September 2016

You should know that; If such provisions are not provided for in your case then you have not get continuity of service and payment of gratuity on such basis.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register