LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand Nair (Employed)     20 June 2016

Gratuity granted by court. revenue recovery ordered

The Assistant Commissioner of Labour (Authority under the  Payment of Gratuity Act 1972) has instructed the Collector of Chennai to recover the amount of Rs. 3,50,000 (3 Lakhs Fifty Thousand only) with 15% compound interest from my ex-employer (a limited concern, listed in BSE) and deposit the amount to the office of the Deputy Commissioner of Labour (I), Chennai – 60006.

Earlier, the show-cause notices sent by the Court to the Company's Regd Office at Mumbai, Maharashtra 400021 were returned undelivered.

I also sent a Regd Letter to Collector Chennai, asking for the status of the case. This was on 03 May 2016. But I have got no response. How do I take this forward? Any legal options?

Learning

4 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     20 June 2016

Visit Collector's office and verify the action taken.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     20 June 2016

Visit Collector's office and verify the action taken.

Anand Nair (Employed)     20 June 2016

Thank you Mr Isaac Gabriel. I am now located at Trivandrum and so it is not convenient to visit Chennai, unless for a specific purpose (or unless with some assurance that the visit will serve useful purpose).

But I did send a regd letter to Collector, Chennai and followed this up with an email asking for status. I have not got any response.

Regards,

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 June 2016

Pursue thru RTI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register