LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay anand (Consultant)     20 October 2016

Gratuity

Sirs, My mom had worked has Deputy Nursing Supt in a Medical college hospital,She was entitled for PF & ESI.She has worked for 6 yrs.Even though she has applied for Gratuity the hospital authorities have not responded.Where & how should i legally proceed to claim her gratuity.The hospital staffs are covered under shops & Establishment Act.

Learning

6 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     21 October 2016

Tell your mother to  approach  labor Tribunal to  give directions to her employer to pay grartuity that is due to her as payment  of gratuity is an entreched right of an emplyee  who works for   5 years in  an organization. NO one can deny her  right to payment of gratuity. If you appreciate ths answer please click the thank you button on this forum.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 October 2016

First you have to issue a Legal notice to the designated Gratutity Officer, whose name is displayed in the notice board near the entry point in work place.

There is no limitation period for claiming gratuity

First file simple RTI Application to the concerned Public Information Officer (RTI) as per format and fees prescribed for that Hospital (Available in the website or health dept).  Seek simple information in one sentence.

Information solicited:

1)Please provide specific reasons for not taking any action on application for payment of gratuity dt......from....................., designation.........................till date.

2)Please inform time frame fixed under citizen charter /statute for payment of gratuity.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 October 2016

Labor tribunal is not the forum to approach for Payment of Gratuity.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 October 2016

You have posted that:

"Medical college hospital,She was entitled for PF & ESI.She has worked for 6 yrs.Even though she has applied for Gratuity the hospital authorities have not responded.Where & how should i legally proceed to claim her gratuity.The hospital staffs are covered under shops & Establishment Act."

How has she applied?

What application or letter is submitted by her?

Does she have acknowledgment/POD?

What is this medical college say NGO?

Vijay anand (Consultant)     22 October 2016

Thank u sir I will get information as u have adviced by rti..

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 October 2016

How has she applied?

What application or letter is submitted by her?

Does she have acknowledgment/POD?

What is this medical college say NGO?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register