Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s (nil)     08 July 2012

Grandfathers property

Dear lawyers,

Our Grandfathers property both agricultural and barren lands,were shared by our father and his brother in 1967 as per our grandfathers mother deed.

our father is alive and cultivation is being done by him and our only brother all these years.we are 4 daughters to our father apart from one son with whom he is living.The property is in Thiruvallur district. Now our father and brother tried to sell a piece of land and asked us to witness the sale.We requested them to give our eligible share in the property . My father says we have absolutely no right in the property . 

Among daughters I am the eldest and born in the year 1956 and got married in 1976.Brother is elder to me and born in 1954.

Kindly clarify about our right in the property and how can we claim our share from our father. He is 83 and is there a possibility that he can legally pass on the entire property to his only eldest son (our brother ) and only grandson( through our brother).

Mythili

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     08 July 2012

As per Hindu Succession Act, Daughters and Son have equal right in the property of the parents. Since, it is an ancestral property grandchild has a right in property and parents cannot deny the right of all the daughters in the property in any manner whatsoever.

Incase you have any query kindly call on 09324538481.

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register