LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil   19 October 2017

Grandfather's property claim

My grandfather( father's father) had died few years back and he didn't write any will. Recently my parents got divorced and Iam living with my mother. Do I have a claim to my grandfather's property? And can my father or my uncle's can sell the property without my concern?

Learning

9 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     19 October 2017

It's an ancestral property where you can seek claim as this property was never partitioned by the grandfather as it still stands in his name. You seek your share in the property as a coparcener of the Hindu family.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     19 October 2017

No,you can not claim any share or partition.questioned property is not ancestral but it is your grandfather's property and your father is alive now so you can not claim .

No,you can not claim any share or partition.questioned property is not ancestral but it is your grandfather's property and your father is alive now so you can not claim .

saravanan s (legal advisor)     19 October 2017

How did the property devolve on your grandfather.was it through will or by any other means

saravanan s (legal advisor)     19 October 2017

How did the property devolve on your grandfather.was it through will or by any other means

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 October 2017

To consolidate, the material fact required was

1)How your grandfather acquired the property (self acquired or ancestral)

As your grandfather expired intestate, you can seek partition of your share of property by giving notice to your father.  Contact Advocate and provide more details.

Vikas Hedau (Advocate)     22 October 2017

If it was self acquired property of your Grand Father you cannot calim property rights in property in lifetime of your father , but if your late grandfather itself has got property by succession then you can claim partition as you have become co-parcener.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register