Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev Kumar (SEM Analyst)     27 September 2014

Grandfather property

Hi,

I am sanjeev based in haryana. actually i am investigating my grandfather property. my dad's brother take over all the property and dont even show the papers to us. i want to know if my grandfather property are sold by their brothers or my grandfather given all the property to his brothers or my dad's brother sols out all the property then will i am able to file a case against them. i am talking about property which is called "Virasat". actually my grandfather got property when came back from pakistan after partition. plz help me out to know the facts.

Regards,

sanjeev

Learning

5 Replies

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     27 September 2014

First you must find which are properties then only you can claim your share , try to find after finding you can contact to lawyer in your city

Hardeep (Business)     27 September 2014

If you know the address of the property, you should be able to see the existing Land Records for the same by applying to the appropriate authority. These records are public information. This could be a starting point :

https://www.archive.india.gov.in/outerwin.php?id=https://jamabandi.nic.in

Then you can decide your further course of action.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 September 2014

It is believed that you are Hindu and Hindu Succession Laws shall apply.

You may avail the services of local lawyer dealing in such/property/revenue/civil matters and obtain mutation record of land in the name of your grandfather.

Check status of property.

If it is ancestral then you have a share in it……………………………and approach court of law to claim it.   

Sanjeev Kumar (SEM Analyst)     28 September 2014

Thanks everyone. This property is in a village in gurgaon. where can i get the land record????? do i need to file an RTI or something else. is there any place where i can get details of Land Distribution to those who came after partition????? i did'nt get anything from jamabandi website. if i need to visit the land record office then plz give me the address of Sohna land record which is in gurgaon.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 September 2014

Meet Patwaari in person.

For case engage a local lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register