Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Grama natham land - partition

sir,
in case of a gramanatham land in madurai,
party A(enjoys the land..80 yrs back)---party B(only son to A) --2 sons(lived together until party B/father death)-->only one son was enjoying property till now. records are still in party B name.
if the legal heis of 2 sons wantt to go for a partition, then is partition applicable in grama natham land.?.or the property only belongs to the son and his legal heris, who is in possession till now.
though this is considred a ancestral prperty in nature, stil it  is gramanatham land. so please confirm if all sections of partition suit ,hindu family, gets applicable here.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 May 2018

Who was title holder?

Is he/she alive?

What is the relation of A,B and others to title holder?

Local Terms are involved and what is the true meaning of said lands/is this land a Govt land?

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 May 2018

Gramantham lands are village sites for residential purpose. It is heritable and transferable. It could be partitoned to the extent is partible.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 May 2018

You can benefit from the post of Mr.P.Venu…

You may also revert on all points raised in the thread…so far.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 May 2018

Though this is a grama natham property, since this has been in possession and enjoyment of the family members, the title can be perfected by applying for patta for the land. Since it is ancestral in nature the descendants or the successors till this age are entitled to the coparcenary rights in the manner as prescribed in the law and the latest amendments thereon. You can consult a local advocate and proceed on the advice received after verifying the records and relevant documents  

(Guest)

kumar ji,
relationships have been clearly stated.
in the family lineage like below
party a(father)--party b(only son and my father)-- 2 sons(including me)
mutated record are in my part b name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register