LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarabeshwar (Technical Writer)     20 March 2015

Government municipal land encroached

Some miscreants encroached municipal land at Trichy,Tamilnadu and built an temple 4 yrs ago.

Inspite of complaints to municipal authorities and district collector,no action is being taken.

Municipal Commissioner has sent his reply via registered post accepting that the land belongs to municipality and is being encroached.

However he has stated the encroachment exists for last 15 yrs.

In a reply to RTI petition,commisioner has stated that encroachment existed for last 10 yrs.He is hiding facts .I have filed complaints to CMcell and got the same reply.

How should i proceed legally to remove encroachment?.What are the documents I need to collect to file a writ-petition online as petitioner-in-person?

Please help

Thanks in Advance

Learning

3 Replies

Seetharamreddy Kancharla (Student)     06 April 2015

See my friend the people encroached the Public Property for the purpose of constructing temple. So as per my concern it is not violating the encroachment rules. i think it is very hard to win the case even you filed a Writ Petition before the High Court. Welfare of the State is the Highest law in any constitution.

Sarabeshwar (Technical Writer)     28 April 2015

Originally posted by : Seetharamreddy Kancharla

See my friend the people encroached the Public Property for the purpose of constructing temple. So as per my concern it is not violating the encroachment rules. i think it is very hard to win the case even you filed a Writ Petition before the High Court. Welfare of the State is the Highest law in any constitution.

I beg to differ on your opinion.

The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in a Special Leave to Appeal Civil No.8519/2006, dated 7-12-2009 has passed orders to all state governments to take action on encroachment in the name of religion.

Sarabeshwar (Technical Writer)     13 May 2015

I've received RTI reply from commisioner stating that encroachment will be demolished once EB supply is disconnected.RTI reply also reveals the name of a private party who encroached government land in name of religion.Can I go ahead and lodge a compliant to land grabbing cell on that private person?Please advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register