LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sakib   01 March 2018

Got a bank job

I got a job in bank but in 2007 I was arrested in a mob case in a university away from my home town.I was in jail but later my name was not there in final investigation charge sheet. Even others were also acquitted from that case and the case was closed . I have not mentioned about it in my verification form.what will happen in police verification whether they will come to know about this.

Learning

11 Replies

Sakib   01 March 2018

Please help

Sakib   01 March 2018

Please help

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2018

when police reports this lack of information to the employer the offer is likely to be closed.

Now there is nothing which you can do except just wait the trust your luck.

Sakib   03 March 2018

Thank you sudhir sir ... I did a blunder.

Sakib   03 March 2018

Thank you sudhir sir ... I did a blunder.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     03 March 2018

What do you mean by saying that you were arrested and jailed? If you were taken to the police station and even put in the lock up for sometime it would not amount to arresting you. Did the police put anything in writng? It is not unusual for the police, when there is a commotion, to take all people around the place to the police station and even put them in the lock up and later release them without any written record. Except stating that you got a job in 2007 you have not given any dates. . Do you mean to say that the bank is doing police verification after sleeping for 11 years? Be precise and complete if you want any real advice.

Sakib   03 March 2018

Sorry sir...I got a job now in 2018 and the case i m telling was in 2007. Actually I was 16 years old that time in 2007. Sir a case was filed against mob pf students by the university in Aligarh for some violent protest by the students.my name was also there .I was arrested and sent to jail. I got bail from court after a week . later on no dates for me was coming that time but other students were having dates. So i asked one advocate about my case.so he told me that your name may be removed by investigating officer in final investigation. So, thats why you are not called for dates from court. Sir after some days university withdrawn cases against all students and every body was acquitted in 2008.I think my name was not there in the final chargesheet. Sir now after 11 years I have not received any document from court for dates and even for acquittal . But all students who were attending dates was there in the court in 2008 when the judge acquitted them and he told me that all cases are withdrawn. Sir now I think I have written every thing I know. And sir thanxs for taking interest in my case and advise me please.

Originally posted by : Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech]
What do you mean by saying that you were arrested and jailed? If you were taken to the police station and even put in the lock up for sometime it would not amount to arresting you. Did the police put anything in writng? It is not unusual for the police, when there is a commotion, to take all people around the place to the police station and even put them in the lock up and later release them without any written record. Except stating that you got a job in 2007 you have not given any dates. . Do you mean to say that the bank is doing police verification after sleeping for 11 years? Be precise and complete if you want any real advice.

If you were taken to the police station and even put in the lock up for sometime it would not amount to arresting you.

Really?

I shall be greateful to Dr Ramani if he could enlighten me as to what arrest is.  

The querist says he had been in Jail also. He cannot hide this fact although thimay in all propbablity may delay but his emplpoyment may not be cancelled as he was (atleast what he says) was never prosecuted.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     03 March 2018

You will succeed in nothing if you are not clear and precise. Now only you write this clearly, at least it appears so.  You applied for a job presumably in a public sector bank in 2018. You have filled up an attestation form while joining the bank. Police verification will be done on the basis of information furnished by you. Generally the attestation will ask for your permanent address, present address and the addresses of all the places you were during he past five years. Do the addresses given by you include Aligarh? Let me assume that it includes Aligarh. But it would be only with reference to your history of the past 5 years. Suppose the police writes to the police of Aligarh. None of those police persons, who were there in 2007 would be there now. Even if someone was there, your episode would have been such a trivial matter he won't remember it. Even if he remembers he won't consider it as such an important matter as to mention it to the officer inquiring. Even if he thinks that he should mention it he will have no supporting evidence. Any supporting evidence has to be there in written form. Who can search and find out an eleven year old  written record. Any such unconfirmed statement is called hearsay in legal language. A hearsay is no evidence. I advise you not to go about telling everybody an 11 year old non-event. Do not write them here. This is a public forum. You will not be losing job due to any adverse police report. You are not so important a person for the police. I am old person with practical experience of all kinds of things. But I am not a fool to write them here.

Sakib   03 March 2018

OK got it ramani sir...thank you once again sir...I was very much confused about this that's why I posted here to get some advise from experienced persons like you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register