LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish   28 April 2017

Goan divorce law for uk citizen

I am a UK citizen - became citizen one year after my marriage. My parents were born in Goa though they later settled in Delhi. I married a Punjabi girl and our marriage was registered in Delhi under the Hindu Marriage Act.  We then got divorced in Delhi, just three years after our marriage, in the Family Court, also under the Hindu Marriage Act.  Now my wife has filed a suit in Goa claiming that she wants half the share of a property I purchased in Goa.  I have one son from the marriage. I recently went to Goa and met some advocates. They keep giving conflicting answers. After marriage was registered in Delhi, after divorce took place in Delhi, can wife now week properties on her behalf or my son's behalf or anyway under Goan law?  Does my UK citizenship override Goan laws? Are there any judgments relevant to this issue?

Learning

3 Replies

Ashish   28 April 2017

..can wife now seek properties...

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     29 April 2017

Sir, 

If u drop me a message on 9899011450, I can give you a reference from Goa who can help you with this case. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Ashish   29 April 2017

Mr. Chandna,

Can you PM the reference to me? I am back in Delhi so I will have to contact him by phone anyway.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register