Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lenin Pereira (first year student)     09 October 2009

Goa, Daman and Diu Mundkars (Protection from eviction) Act,

hello

I have certain questions regarding this act. My uncle has been classified as a mundkar as per this act. His family has been residing in the same property for atleast 60 years without interruption . Now the situation is such that a neigbouring mundkar has purchased the land my uncle has lived on and is threatening to evict him and build a multi storey  complex. The landlord  (Bhatkar) never offered the land for sale to my uncle and sold it to the neighbour without so much as informing my uncle  of the sale.  He had had  hired legal counsel who we now suspect being paid by this neighbour inorder to lose this case. My uncle is already in the process of hiring a new lawyer.

My questions are as follows

1) As per this act does My uncle in any way get first prefence to purchase this land and if so what can be done now that the land has been technically sold to the neighbour

2) what legal action can be filed against the previous lawyer for his actions.(unproven at this point)

Thank you in advance and appreciate any and all advice. I am sure the new lawyer will advise us of our legal options but i will feel more comfortable and secure  having a personal grasp of the situation myself.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register