Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prasad   18 July 2017

Girl ran away with her bf and case was filed against them

Hi All,

Need your valuable suggestions and guidence in our case. My brother got married on Dec3 2010.Last year my brother wife left the house leaving a note that she was unhappy with my brother and she  was mentally harassed by our family members.  Please note they used to stay separate my brother, his wife and my father used to stay in one house. She left by taking all gold including my brother gold and camera and money ..

My brother filed a missing case in near by police station and thier family also filed the missing case .. After 2 months after all searching by us .. we have found that she ran away with other boy who is her bf ( santosh ) . Actually Santosh had gf ( aruna ) .  We found her no and when we discussed with her and she said santosh promised her to marry her ( aruna ) . She filed criminal case in another police station on santosh . Finally police caught santosh and my brother wife . Bigamy case was filed on santosh and some other cases but no case was filed on my brother wife.

Now, we filed  divorce case on her mentioned all the story in the affadavit. we are not allowing her to enter in our house. She is threatening us that she will file 498A and dowry harrasment case DVC case  against us.. Now SI called us and said she has filed dowry harrasment case . Please need your valuable suggestions and guidence how to proceed ..Kindly help us..

Thanks..

prasad

Learning

9 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     18 July 2017

Sir, 

I beleive her case will not be maintainable as being an afterthough and moreover she has not to the court with clean hands ... Rest Kindly take the copy of her complaint and see what allegations she has made in her complaint. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

prasad   18 July 2017

Sir ,

We went to police station and came to know she has filed 498A case. My question whether she is eligible to file 498A case on our entire family.... today we will get copy of allegations she has kept on us.. She ran aw whay with her bf ( bigamy was filed on him by his lover).. With that Chargesheet which was filed on her bf in which her name was also mentioned .. can we able to file some cases on her ... please give your valuable suggestions on guidence so that we can fight this case in right manner...

Thanks

prasad

prasad   18 July 2017

hi sir.. we have charge sheet copy of her bf where biagamy was filed on him and other cases was filed by his gf ( ex gf )  with that copy of charge sheet can we can file any cases on my brother wife..please advice 

Thanks

Prasad

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     18 July 2017

You have filed the divorce case. Her running away will help you get bail in case she goes all out against you guys. No need to file any other case, divorce.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 July 2017

Your brother can file a case against the boy friend of his wife for adultery under IPC-497. The offence is punishable with imprisonment. But your brother's wife cannot be punished under IPC-497

Moxit Shah   20 July 2017

Police cannot restrained or refrained any wife from giving complaint under Domestic Violence or under cruelty. but, their investigation should help you to show that your brother and your family has not committed any offence as alleged by wife of your brother. further, by any reason if police files chargsheet against your brother and your family. if proper cross-examination by your advocate of the wife of your brother is done, there is no chance at all that your family will be convicted.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 July 2017

At leasr in order to counter any action by her, let your brother file a complaint against the boy friend under IPC - 497.  IPC-498A and DVA are not as harsh as they were some years back. Though IPC-498A is a central act, States have powers to modify it as the subject comes under the concurrent list. Some States like Andhra Pradesh have limited the powers of the Police.

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     11 August 2017

Very recently SC has diluted the police powers in case of 498A and DV act false type cases. Only in case there is substantial physical injury or death, the arrest can be made, otherwise arrest power is alsmost gone. Bigamy on that boy Santish seems improper, just wait for sometime.

prasad   19 August 2017

Sirs,that girl forcibly entered in our house by breaking lock when we were not there in our house and not leaving our house and saying that it's matrimonial house and she will not go from here..even police is not helping us they are also saying it's her matrimonial house..she has kept case on my father that he came to beat her ..and police had registered that case with out any evidence..please lawyer guide us how to proceed now... thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register