Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Girl cheated for money.. need help how can i go legally

Dear Lawyers,

I’m struggling for an issue for 3 months. The following are the details of that issue.

I met a girl over social media in August 2017, we are friends initially, I met her once in pune and our friendship went over relationship. In January 2018, she asked for money of 1.2 lakhs that she is going to buy a flat and she will repay in a week. I have transferred via Bank. In the mean while I was searching for some distance education and she told she can help from one university that she knew and they charge 2.4 lakhs for tuition fee and exam fee, so as she asked to transfer 1.2 lakhs again and she will be adding other 1.2 lakh which I gave a day back. After a month she said she need some money to buy a phone and she will pay as EMI. So again, I transferred 85 Thousand rupees. The next day itself we had fight on the distance degree and she broke up.

I said her its fine but pay my money back and share the details of that university people so that I can directly approach them but she denied to share and said that she wont even return single penny back.

Our fight went for a month and she agreed that she will return money back but not immediately and she pay monthly some amount, I was fine with that and we both agreed this happened in March

Till today she didn’t even pay single rupee and today she was telling that she will not pay single rupee back and she said that she spent her time chatting with me and this money of 3.25 lakh is her fee

• I have all conversation over email chain and WhatsApp.
  • Each transaction I made via Online transfer

Please tell me how I can proceed with legally

Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 May 2018

1. Disclose your identity to seek obligation of experts on this platform as per rules.

2. Lodge a police complaint through a local prudent lawyer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 May 2018

You can serve a legal notice and based on her response you can decide the next course of action.

sachin sharma (Advocate)     09 May 2018

U would need an advocate in these circumstances who will draft a case of IPC 420, 406 and will file a complaint in court as going to the police station may not be helpful. Police do not register FIR so easily.

subhash chander verma (1)     11 May 2018

If you manage to get filed FIR u/s 420/406 IPC whether directly or by filing application under Rule 156(3) of Crpc before MM, then the State ,that is. Police will pursue the case against Accused, but Police get the accused Punished and the case is not for recovery of money. For recovery of money, one can file recovery suit in Civil Court by depositing appropriate court fee, but for that contract or agreement between the parties should be legally sustainable.

If you manage to get filed FIR u/s 420/406 IPC whether directly or by filing application under Rule 156(3) of Crpc before MM, then the State ,that is. Police will pursue the case against Accused, but Police get the accused Punished and the case is not for recovery of money. For recovery of money, one can file recovery suit in Civil Court by depositing appropriate court fee, but for that contract or agreement between the parties should be legally sustainable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register