Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand   18 September 2015

Gift deed to divorced sister

Dear sir/mam,

I do not want my flat that i own now to be in my name or my wifes name. On gifting my flat to my own sister (divorcee) - will it attract stamp duty or any registration fee? in the state of maharashtra? now? because i coudnt see the relation sister under the blood relatives list in your previous discussions? or alternatively Can i gift it to my minor daughter (7yrs old)? pls suggest. anand

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 September 2015

You can  visit SRO in person or a senior deedwriter or a lawyer and inquire about the detail of duty and charges.

Gift can be made to anyone.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     18 September 2015

You can gift it to anyone, if it is your own self acquired property. If it is ancestral it your wife has a share in it, than you cannot. Stamp duties are not much. If you can gift your flat, your sister can very well pay the stamp duty or you can pay that amount to her.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     18 September 2015

You can gift it to anyone, if it is your own self acquired property. If it is ancestral it your wife has a share in it, than you cannot. Stamp duties are not much. If you can gift your flat, your sister can very well pay the stamp duty or you can pay that amount to her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register