Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Property Law > Others > Gift deed on capital gains by selling property   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1

There are 3 Replies to this message


[ Scorecard : 26]
Posted On 29 May 2013 at 15:34 Report Abuse

Hello everyone. There's a property on my mother's name and we need to sell it in few days. We plan to re-invest Capital gains in form of new property and tax saving bonds. 

I want to know if my mother could gift me a part of her capital gain as a gift immediately after sale of property( in the form of new property or tax saving bonds) with zero tax gain on these funds. Following are the two ways which I can think of :

1) She buys a new property in my name and could show that in her capital gain investment.

2) She buys a new property in her name only and then immediately transfers it to me without any tax gain.

Please help me and suggest some possible way for this situation.

To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

[ Scorecard : 632]
Posted On 29 May 2013 at 17:48 Report Abuse

Yes,  your mother can gift you the new property after acquiring it. But she would be liable to pay Gift Tax on the same.



Advocate Rohit Dalmia



Total thanks : 1 times


[ Scorecard : 26]
Posted On 30 May 2013 at 03:49 Report Abuse

Thanx Rohit but I am not aware of Gift taxes liability on donor. 

Please give more info on this.


Medical officer
[ Scorecard : 232]
Posted On 27 June 2013 at 17:04 Report Abuse



If you need information about Gift taxes liability on donor as well as the way your other could transfer the property to you, you should try and consult experienced property lawyers. I would suggest


Here you can write down your query in detail and a property lawyer would give a written reply to your query. You would be informed about the the relevant laws that you need to take into consideration and the you will also be described the options available to you in your present situation. If you require, you can hire a lawyer, or request a personal consultation through at the most reasonable price.



Related Files

Previous Thread
Next Thread

Related Threads

Post your reply for Gift deed on capital gains by selling property

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login

Not a member yet ?? Click here to signup



  • This is a public forum. Avoid posting content which you do not wish to disclose in public.
  • Use thank button to convey your appreciation.
  • Maintain professionalism while posting and replying to topics.
  • Try to add value with your each post.

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Forum Home | Forum Portal | Control Center | Who is Where | Popular Threads | Today's Topic | Recent Posts | Today's Posts | Post New Topic | Thread With Files | Top Threads - Month | Unreplied Topics | Forum Stats

web analytics