LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sikander (engineer)     29 May 2013

Gift deed on capital gains by selling property

Hello everyone. There's a property on my mother's name and we need to sell it in few days. We plan to re-invest Capital gains in form of new property and tax saving bonds. 

I want to know if my mother could gift me a part of her capital gain as a gift immediately after sale of property( in the form of new property or tax saving bonds) with zero tax gain on these funds. Following are the two ways which I can think of :

1) She buys a new property in my name and could show that in her capital gain investment.

2) She buys a new property in her name only and then immediately transfers it to me without any tax gain.

Please help me and suggest some possible way for this situation.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     29 May 2013

Yes,  your mother can gift you the new property after acquiring it. But she would be liable to pay Gift Tax on the same.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

1 Like

sikander (engineer)     30 May 2013

Thanx Rohit but I am not aware of Gift taxes liability on donor. 

Please give more info on this.

prakharved (Medical officer)     27 June 2013

@sikander

If you need information about Gift taxes liability on donor as well as the way your other could transfer the property to you, you should try and consult experienced property lawyers. I would suggest www.lawkonect.com

Here you can write down your query in detail and a property lawyer would give a written reply to your query. You would be informed about the the relevant laws that you need to take into consideration and the you will also be described the options available to you in your present situation. If you require, you can hire a lawyer, or request a personal consultation through www.lawkonect.com at the most reasonable price.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register