LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

visva   14 February 2019

Gift deed

Can my Mother's sister give me property as a gift deed.

Learning

8 Replies

Aparna Tripathi   14 February 2019

Yes, your mother's sister can gift you immovable property through a gift deed. You should get that deed registered.

visva   14 February 2019

Thank you. The registrar is saying it is not possible. Is there an act or section i can quote to him to make him understand?

Aparna Tripathi   14 February 2019

You may ask the registrar to act in accordance with section 123 of Transfer of Property Act. He cannot deny this without any appropriate reason.

visva   14 February 2019

Thank you

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 February 2019

Yes.  You meet the Registrar in person and ask him to register the Gift deed in favour of you by your mother's sister.  But Stamp duty shall be leviable as Gift Deed in favour of relatives.  Whereas the Stamp duty is less to be executed in favour of family member (father, mother, son, daughter, brother and sister, paternal grandparents).  Your mother's sister is not a family member.  so ask the Registrar to register the Gift Deed.  

Shashi Dhara   15 February 2019

Sub registrar is bruhaspati .he k now's every thing .his duty is only to register it.

He put hook for everything.if gift is legal it shud be registered.stamp duty may variy.

India is full of sarkari Babu's they Are in still ice age.i have seen thatin info 2 minits work takes two years.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register