LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Senthil kumar (Recruitment)     06 October 2017

Getting divorce papers - process request

Dear Experts - I got divorce on last May,at chennai Family court,but due to misinterpretation of address i could not get any details to my address.

How can i claim my Divorce papers in chennai Family court? what is the action required from my side? 

regards,

Kumar 

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Get the papers in Section from the same court.

Section means a separate department in family court?

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     06 October 2017

There are Applications available in the Court premises for certified copies.  There is a seperate department in the Court where you can go and apply for the same. 

Oh Thanks, What will be the cost and how long will they take it to deliver? I need to travel from bangalore to chennai for this,that is why want a clarity on cost and time of delivery.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     06 October 2017

Cost will be minimal.  Time depends from court to Court but should take more than one month.  You can always ask a clerk of the FC to follow up on the same and update you when the certified copy is ready. 

ok,thanks,is therea way to do it online or personal visit required?

sai narayana   06 October 2017

Originally posted by : Senthil kumar
ok,thanks,is therea way to do it online or personal visit required?

courts are not that much sofisticated to facilitate service of home delivery etc. So your counsel or you has to file CA (application for certified copy) of final decree and order in the family court concerned section. If you can't personally follow up you can find and engage such a person who can get the things in that court.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 October 2017

Apply for certified copy as mentioned above.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register