LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas Sonkar   02 August 2015

General power of attorney

I have given a general power of attornry to one of my relative to look after the peoperty because i was quite far from the property.

But he have donated all the property to his childern.

So there is any wayout to get my property back.

Learning

3 Replies

DR. DIMPLE JINDAL (ADV.) (Advocate)     02 August 2015

NO. GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY HOLDER HAVE EQUAL POWERS AS ORIGINAL OWNER. EACH AND EVERY ACT OF POWER OF ATTORNEY HOLDER IS ASSUME AS DONE BY THE ORIGINAL PERSON. IT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE DONATED ALL YOUR PROPERTY AS PER THE TRANSACTIONS.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     03 August 2015

Originally posted by : Vikas Sonkar
So there is any wayout to get my property back.

1.  IF the POA does not have clause for "sell /donate the property" or any related clauses, THEN the POA holder cannot sell /donate the property

2.  File criminal case against the POA holder and POA's children, under IPC, for cheating your property.

3.  Put the concerned authority (Muncicipal /Talati /collector) under restraining notice against transferring your property based on the POA.

4.  Issue Notice and newspaper Notice, rescinding the POA, with immediate effect.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
READ ARTICLES ON: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar 

Manoj   06 August 2015

There are way outs but needs further particulars regarding receitals of the document, to whom it is given means blood relation or not , regd. Or unregd. , etc. Needs more consultation then only we can say what is the way out.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register