Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

zorrosmask (none)     12 November 2014

Fraudulent business pratices by sony india

Dear sir,

I have purchased a Sony Xperia Z tablet SGP321 having BATCH/IMEI No: 357123050698348 from Nancy Electronics Sony Centre Thane (W) on 25 th June 2014 on a tax invoiced bill having invoice no.1113.

Before purchasing the tablet I had spoken to the owner of the shop Mr Harshall Mehta and bought to his attention that the Tab has an import date of MAY 2013 and told him that I may have issue in case of any problems.Mr Mehta told me to not to worry and told me the warranty begins from the date of purchase

As per the original bill attached herewith my tablet has an 6 month Accidental Damage Warranty which ends on 25th Dec 2014 and an 1 year warranty which ends on 25 th June 2015.

Problems started in mid AUG 2014 when the tablet started developing some serious issues.The middle and the upper right side of the touch screen started becoming totally unresponsive to touch I immediately contacted Nancy Electronics and spoke to Sony authorized salesperson Mr Wasim who advised me to take the tab to Sony authorized service station which I did promptly.

I took the Tab to Mobile Technology Ghatkopar service station who told me that they don't service tablets and asked me to take to Vega Electronics the Sony Authorized Service station in Chembur. After keeping the tab for two days he advised me to take the tab to Sony India Pvt Ltd located at 349 Business Point, Western Express Highway, Andheri (E) which i did very promptly.Here I spoke to Mr Arif who told me to take the tab to Ghatkopar service station again which I promptly did.

Finally i submitted my tab at Mobile centre Ghatkopar service station. My horrors were just about to begin.After many rejections and talking multiple times with Ghatkopar center manager Mr Zulfikar Khan. And Mr Amit Gautam and Mr Kedar Bagwe from Sony India they told me that my request for replacement of the tab has been rejected.

Mr Gautam told me on the phone and Mr Khan told me in person that the tab has been activated by putting a SIm card in it on 1 st March 2013 as per their records.He told me that as per the records of Sony India my accidental damage warranty ends on 1 st September 2013 and my one year warranty ends on 1 st march 2013.

I asked Mr khan to put this in writing for me which he did.I have attached both documents provided by mr khan for your reference. I argued with Mr Khan that i have a tax invoiced bill dated 25 Th June 2014 and both my accidental damage warranty and one year warranty should begin from this date but to no avail.

How is it possible sir that the tab that has been sold to me as BRAND NEW has already been used for 15 months before selling it to me?

As per the records of Sony India the tab has been activated on 1st March 2013 while as per the sticker on the back of the original tablet box the month of import is mentioned as MAY 2013.I am attaching herewith a scanned copy of the sticker for your reference. How is it possible sir that the tab that has been activated in India on 1st March 2013 has been imported by Sony India from china in the month of MAY 2013.

Is Nancy Electronics Sony center Thane and Sony India Pvt ltd is indulging in fraudulent business practices with its Indian customers which Sony india claims to be the biggest growing market in the world??? I SHALL PROVIDE ALL THE REQUISITE DOCUMENTS ON REQUEST Hoping for a reply from you at the earliest Sincerely yours

Prof V V NAYAK

Learning

6 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     13 November 2014

Dear, File an complaint before the magistrate and civil recovery from them. Send a legal notice claiming ur money. Adv kapil chandna, 9899011450

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 November 2014

since it is business and service transaction, the jurisdiction is consumer forum

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     14 November 2014

I Agree with Ramachary and disagree with Kapil Chandna.

Env Coord (.)     15 November 2014

Approach Thane District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum located at The Collectorate Office Building in Court Naka,Thane(West).

Env Coord (.)     15 November 2014

Furthermore,please refer to the below link :-

https://www.diehardindian.com/complaint/conscourt.php

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2014

Send a legal notice demanding compensation for the losses you suffered due t the company's fault and failing to invoke any response, you may approach the jurisdiction consumer forum for proper relief and remedy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register