LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RavinderPal (kdshkhd)     02 April 2012

Fraud transfer of paper shares

I purchased 100 shares of Pantaloons Retail India Ltd . The shares were in paper certificate form. When I approached a broker to sale those shares, he told me that the shares had been split in the ratio of 1 : 5. So I was advised to get the split shares in order to sell them off. I contacted Link In time( Authorized Share Transfer Agent of Pantaloons Retail India Ltd) requesting them to allot me the split shares as per my right. But no heed was paid to my request. On contacting the officials many times over telephone , I was told that my shares had been transferred to some Prakash Hemraj. It was a matter of utter shock as I never sold the shares to any one , and therefore, the question of transferring doesnt arise. I am still in possession of Share certificate. Being a common man, with the help of my limited knowledge , I lodged a complaint in the competent court of law ( At Hisar, Haryana) , in which Police filed cancellation report. I was denied justice straight forwardly as no action was taken by police in such a clear cut fraud case. I filed revision against the dismissal of the complaint which is still pending in the Sessions Courts, Hisar, and no progress has been made in that so far. Link In time , all the times , instead of looking into the matter, just explain my grievances in their words. I request them that I am a victim of fraud. In place of helping me, they tell me : Your shares have been transferred to Mr Prakash. I doubt that they are hand in gloves with the accused who committed the fraud. The beneficiary( Prakash Hemraj) in whose name shares had been transferred is the culprit. I have lodged a complaint with SEBI Scores, but Link in time has replied that they have transferred the shares to some person. What other/efficient course of action can I take?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register