LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya   18 January 2016

Fraud transactions on sbi credit card

I got a call from a number, who already have my card details( CC number, expiry date DOB etc.) and all and ask just to confirm by saying SBI sending new card. As far as I disconnected phone, two fraud transactions of 4999 & 5000/- are made of my SBI credit card on 13/7/15. Immediately I have informed SBI (within minutes) and mails them with the transactions details, nothing is done by Bank on the same accept blocking the card. Their must be more transactions if I haven't blocked the card. I have filed the police complain and forwarded the copy to Bank, contacted the site on which transaction are done and forwarded all the details to bank. This all things are done in one day. Still nothing is done from their side. I have cleared all the outstanding in next month bill and haven’t used the card since then and informed bank about the same. In between I have mailed many time to Bank what is happening in this matter, they replied with the mail to wait till 120 days of investigation period. Meanwhile they keep on increasing amount, now 10k amount is 17k . Since last month they told me that though the transactions are fraud transactions but as our investigation shows that process has been followed (dob & cvv etc..) in transactions so customer is responsible for that. Now Bank is telling me to to pay full amount i.e more than 17 K now. Ammount is increasing each month. I am still ready to pay the transaction ammount but paying so much ammount is like double fraud, one by frauders and other by SBI. I have mailed to all SBI high authorities but no satisfactory reply from their side. Why should a customer pay for any delay in their investigation? What a customer do if any such transcation done on his/her card, if bank is not doing anyhing? How frauders have all the information about my card without help of bank as I never used my card on any unauthorized sites/merchant?

Please advise what to do and whom to approach in this case.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 January 2016

Entrust the matter to able lawyer specializing in consumer/banking matters.

Police can obtain CCTV footage from vendor/SBI Payments and Credit Systems Pvt Ltd.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register