LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

namrata (editor)     06 July 2015

Fraud lawyer to be changed

My dad is paralyzed (Since Oct 2014), hence i and my family are dealing with court cases (we have the POA). Now i wish to change the lawyer my dad had hired, as told to us by a broker who was helping my dad with a property deal.

Lawyer disagrees to having any document with respect to the property dispute ongoing case. This leaves us in a mess as he knows not much about what is going on. He insists that the broker has our documents, where as the broker says the lawyer has the documents. 

He also filed a case without informing us this year in Jan 2015, bearing my fathers signature. He says that the broker asked him to do so, so he did it. We were not consulted or spoken with. If he does not have any documents related to our case how did he even file a case??? . I smell something fishy here.

I checked a few documents in the court, including his vakalatnama; it has my dad's forged signature

I need to change my lawyer. What do i do if he disagrees to give a NOC. I saw his vakaltnama, he was hired in Feb 2014.

Learning

1 Replies

sree 9491505984 (Lawyer, Hyderabad)     06 July 2015

what is the case filed on behalf of your father... who is the other party....what is present status of the case.   anytime u can change ur lawyer..... without details difficult to answer.

-sree

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register