Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

presidentbiz (personal)     07 December 2014

Fraud by groom

Hello,

i got married to a business man, but within 3 months, I have got to know the following:

1.) he has not 100% told us the truth about his educational qualifications. He just has a 2 year associates degree from New York university and only a mini mba certificate. He claimed that he is an MBA in his email to us sent by his father much before the marriage. Whereas, he only completed the certificate just a month prior to the marriage and online. does this constitute fraud and misrepresentation? While he is truthful in claiming that he is a graduate and an MBA, is he being unethical?

2.) what stand will the courts take if I charge him with fraud? He has no other issues and is quite decent a person. Yet I felt a little cheated that he has not told 100% truth.

please advise and feedback as soon as possible.

regards,

cheated girl

Learning

6 Replies

harrassed (SE)     11 December 2014

What do you want to achieve? Do you want to break the marriage? Try to adjust and understand from him why he did so when you guys are in comfortable mood. Good luck.

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     13 December 2014

It is strange that in today's scenario of business world explosion where paper qualifications are

not of any value beyond the basic check for confirming that a person has followed some discipline such as regularly attending

college and university while gaining education and for government employment and

when PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE

are the MOST SOUGHT AFTER by all employers and with even school students INNOVATING

and launching BUSINESSES, you are STILL STUCK UP IN the year 1970...

Everybody knows that there is NOT ONE SINGLE ROUTE to reach the destination and MULTIPLE METHODS such as

college or self-study,...etc exist to GAIN KNOWLEDGE.

Your husband is PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED IN ADDITION TO BEING

ACADEMICALLY QUALIFIED, he is a BUSINESSMAN and possesses the required

KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.

But you want to break your married life by pulling him to the court.

This is similar to PULLING YOUR MOTHER TO THE COURT since she DID NOT TELL you

that her HEIGHT WAS ONLY FIVE FEET, when she gave birth to you.

Yes, it is exactly similar and stupid.

Think about it.

If you bring in bitterness into your married life, it remains FOR LIFE. 

So, think deeply.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     13 December 2014

maybe he was referring to his Mini MBA onlyand you thought it's the real traditional MBA.it cud be misinterpretation of what he said

Deeply Hurt (PM)     13 December 2014

Damn, I didn't know such MINI MEGA MBA's existed!!

Jokes apart, the word is that usually people say a 100 lies to get married - especially in the case of arranged marriages. Heck, I came to know my wife was not 3 years younger (as they've stated in the matrimony profile) but only a year younger to me, only at the last moment but still went ahead with the marriage as I didn't see it as a deterrent and didn't want it to be the show stopper.

You're seriously making a mountain out of a mole hill. If you still believe this slip of your husband can prove detrimental to your relationship, encourage him to enroll into a "proper" MBA of your choice and get him certified. Do not come to such forums to cry wolf when there are genuine affected people who require as much help as they can get without such jokers ruining the show.

presidentbiz (personal)     13 December 2014

Thank you all for your replies. But here is my take:

1.) I have been a rather diligent student, having completed my B.Sc and M.Sc in regular stream at 2007. I have told him the truth that i have had a previous engagement which broke up at 2011. I have been bare bones truthful to him.

2.) Yet, he just did complete his arrears online that too for a 2 year associates degree and Mini MBA, all just about a few months before the marriage.

Strictly, in the eyes of law does this account for misrepresentation especially when he claimed he was an MBA? He has just taken advantage of the fact that when one mentions MBA, one is naturally drawn to think that he has complete his bachelor's degree.

He is not being 100% truthful.

My question now is:

1.) Has has misrepresented material facts and can he be tried for fraud? If so, what are my chances in court with him?

I come from a family with academic orientation and this does not go down well with me.

My point is that i a bristled at this his clever tactics. One expects a relationship to be based on 100% truth especially about such facts because it does affect his future career and earnings.

Please advise. My intention is to give this marriage a firm footing based on truth rather than on innuendo and fraud.

Regards

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     14 December 2014

My intention is to give this marriage a firm footing based on truth rather than on innuendo and fraud

INNUENDO .... you have used this word.... you seem to be pretty well aware of the LEGAL terminology.

The tone of your post throws a hint that it might be a male who has posted this.....

hmmm....

Just one answer to your query ------- CAREER AND EARNINGS are dependent on SKILLS, especially in

today's technology  driven industry and are NOT dependent on PAPER QUALIFICATIONS....

PAPER QUALIFICATION OF MBA IS THROWN TO THE DUST-BIN if the person does not possess the

requisite INTER-PERSONAL INTERACTIVE SKILLS, NEGOTIATION SKILLS ( BOTH HARD AND SOFT

),...ETC ETC ETC QUALITIES THAT RELATE TO SKILL AND NOT TO ACADEMIC PAPER-WORK....

I SAY SO, SINCE I HAVE BEEN A SENIOR MANAGER AND HAVE HAD MID-LEVEL AND JUNIOR MANAGERS REPORT INTO ME....

I KNOW THE WAY THE RECRUITMENT OPERATES AND THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE INDUSTRY....

THE JUDICIARY TOO IS AWARE OF THE CHANGED TRENDS....

*** IF IT IS INDEED A WOMAN WHO HAS POSTED THIS AND IF SHE IS THE SELF-PROFESSED

VICTIM, THEN TO HER, MY SINCERE SUGGESTION IS

" The Man matters more than the Paper that

mentions his name "....

Go and Lead a Happy Life with him. ***

IF IT IS THE MAN WHO HAS POSTED THIS, TO HIM, MY SINCERE SUGGESTION IS

" STOP ASSUMING VARIOUS CHARGES AND ALLEGATIONS. THOSE WOULD NOT HOLD WATER

IN ANY COURT OF LAW....

STOP BEING SCARED "....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register