Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramratan reddy (advocate)     22 March 2014

Foundation is to be registered

Hi,

i want to start a Foundation on my name like KBR FOUNDATION for the social awareness and other actives ,pls advise  me whether it is better to register under the society Act    or  Trust Act..

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 March 2014

under Society Regn Act::-  Any seven or more persons forming a society which has for its object the promotion of art, fine art, charity, crafts, religion, sports (excluding games of chance) literature, culture, science , political education, philosophy or diffusion of any knowledge or any public  purpose may be registered under the society registration act. 
foundation can also be registered under Registration act.  trust should be executed by the Founder/Author investing with some corpus fund.
this is for information only.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 March 2014

under Society Regn Act::-  Any seven or more persons forming a society which has for its object the promotion of art, fine art, charity, crafts, religion, sports (excluding games of chance) literature, culture, science , political education, philosophy or diffusion of any knowledge or any public  purpose may be registered under the society registration act. 
foundation can also be registered under Registration act.  trust should be executed by the Founder/Author investing with some corpus fund.
this is for information only.

Chandrasekaran (Advocate)     09 July 2018

Dear Mr Satyanarayana

A foundation was registered in The Netherlands under Dutch Law. They want to set up a branch in Tamilnadu, and the question is, whether they have to register it in Tamilnadu or not ?

Thank you for your suggestion.

L.Chandrasekaran

Advocate

Salem

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register