Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HARMEET SINGH (DIRECTOR)     06 March 2012

Forgery

Respected All,

Kindly help me out on this topic.

My father who passed away in the month of december 2011 had given 40000/- to someone who is living nearby our house and taken two cheques of 20000/- each as security. Now as my father is not there we approached the person who has taken the money asking him to pay the money.

he told us that he will pay 2000/- every month but before that  we should give him back one cheque of 20k.

Now am getting the intuation that he is not in the mood of giving back the money he had borrowed. 

please guide me what should i do is there any legal way out of this matter.

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     06 March 2012

Try to get another cheques in your favour.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 March 2012

You can not transact w/o trust.

Take in writing that the said cheques are in lieu of already existing debt.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

HARMEET SINGH (DIRECTOR)     07 March 2012

Rajeev Sir,

the cheques that i have only have amt written on it. there is not written that in whoses favour the cheques are so if i wish i can write my name

more over i had talked to the concern person who has taken the money about returning one cheque of twenty thousand and in return he is ready to give me in written that he has received one cheque.

now kindly assist me that if i give him one cheque back in concern to the installments that he has already paid what should i take from him in writting so that he continues paying rest of the amt. i will keep the send cheque with me until rest of the amt is paid to me.

regards,

Harmeet Singh Batra

Mob 9173510041

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     07 March 2012

You should take in writing 

That I, so and so, had taken a loan of Rs. X from Mr. ABC, now deceased and issued cheques bearing no. xxx and yyy.

Now, I with all bonafides want to repay the debt to legal heir who is Mr. XYZ. And in this regard, I have agreed to exchange the cheques no. xxx and yyy to X1, X2, X3 and so on.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register