Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsha   26 April 2017

Forgery

Account closure without my consent.

I Mrs was holding saving account in your bank with account number 50XXXXXXXXXXXX in a Bank. I visited the branch on 22nd February 2017 to enquire about my account and I was dejected to hear that my account was closed on 04/02/2017. I informed the branch that I haven't requested for a closure but then they showed me a letter which contained signature of myself and my husband for the closure request.

I wrote emails to the bank to inform you that I haven't signed any application form and also gave the reason that I am not staying with my husband from the last two years. I just want to ask that when a bank receives application for closure and I was not present physically, Is there any rule for confirmation for the account closure. I was the first holder in the account inspite of that without confirmation the entire fund was transferred to the second holders account. That is my husbands account .

I agree not staying with my husband is my fate

But closure of account without my consent is who's fate ????

This is what I followed up with the bank but in return I got the below response.

This is with reference to your e-mail dated 3rd March 2017 addressed to the office of the Senior management regarding regarding closure of your account ending with 50XXXXXXXXXXXX.

We would like to inform you that the account number ending with 50XXXXXXXXXXXX was closed on 4th February 2017 basis the account closure received by the branch. The said account closure was signed by both the applicants & the signatures of the account holders are matching with our records.

We would like to inform you that the contact details & address has to be updated in the bank records in case of any changes. The mentioned dispute between the account holders was not brought to the notice of the bank prior to the account closure by none of the account holder & hence all the communications, if any were being send to the customers mailing address & contact details updated in the bank records.

But I told them also insisted to investigate on this matter as I know I haven’t signed nor I received an call for confirmation of closure account.

I also filled an complain in police station but did not get an proper response.

Could you please suggest me what should I do ??

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 April 2017

You can approach Banking ombusdsman. 

Banking Ombudsman is a quasi judicial authority functioning under India's Banking Ombudsman Scheme, and the authority was created pursuant to the a decision by the Government of India to enable resolution of complaints of customers of banks relating to certain services rendered by the banks.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     26 April 2017

Mam, 

Move before the court U/S 156(3) Cr.P.C. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

https://kapilchandnaadvocate.wordpress.com/

Harsha   08 May 2017

I had made a complain in bank India's Banking Ombudsman a week ago but there is no response and also I have three cases going against my husband in court so I am trying to avoid and take this matter in court as I am not getting any kind of satisfaction.

Harsha   11 May 2017

Could somebody help me on the above ??

Harsha   11 May 2017

Harsha   11 May 2017

Harsha   29 June 2017

Any suggestion for the above ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register