LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jai Parkash (Finance Officer)     27 December 2017

Forged signature of the appellant on affidavit and vakalatnama

An appeal has been filed with forged signatures on the vakalatnama and affidavit enclosed with the memo of appeal. What is the effect of these forged signatures on the appeal and what action can be taken by me as i am the respondent in appeal.

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     27 December 2017

Suppose the Appellant owns up the signature both on the appeal and the vakalatnama, what will be your position?

In any case, have you answer to the Appeal on merits or you only plan to defend your case on mere technicalities?

There are so many original signatures of the appellant in the case file. The signatures on vakalatnama and affidavit do not match at all. i want to defend on mert as well as on other technical grounds. Please guide.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 December 2017

This can be made as preliminary objection in the reply to her appeal petition and let the appellant court decide this issue. A person need not have one signature, there is nothing wrong if he use different signature for filling appeal on the Vakaltnama and affidavit, if he admits that it’s his signature to prove it as forged will be very difficult for you as the onus lies on you to prove it as you allege forgery of signatures.

1 Like

Thanks for your esteemed suggestion, vijay ji.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 December 2017

yes I do agree with learned experts

Lorna R. Weaver   19 February 2018

These quotes are really inspiring ones, this gives the inspiration and confidence to the leaders and encourage them to do lot more good things. I like these types of quotes and would like to use some in my best assignment blogs articles which can be good adding inspirational lines to my article.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register