Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikas   30 June 2015

Forged cheque issued for my salary from my employer

Hi ,

After two months I received salary from my employer (media company from punjab) , Actually the cheque is Forged as I deposit cheque in band they told me same number of cheque is already issued from your employer therefore your cheque is not valid . Please tell me how I will take some action against my employer.

Thank's

Regards

Viks 

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2015

The cheque number is printed on cheque by the bank.

Usually the companies affix the seal of company and signature of designated employee on the cheque.

The company should have supplied the salary slip also to you showing the cheque number vide which salary is paid. If not try and get it.

Is the signature on cheque issued to you are of the competent/designated official and is there any mismatch?

You may obtain the original cheque from Bank with memo showing the reason for return of the cheque and try to get a photocopy also attested by BM/Bank officer.

All of the above are posted to establish that cheque is prepared/forged by the company and NOT YOU…………………….as you can expect anything……………………any allegation from an employer/establishment that indulges in such practices.

Once you have irrefutable evidence in your hands then you may proceed further preferably under expert advice of your seasoned counsels e.g…………………………..Employee’s/Trade Union leaders, lawyer specializing in Labor/Service matters and criminal law………………..

Your counsel can opine if your establishment is covered by State Shops and Establishments Act and you are covered by the def. of ‘Employee’ as in this Act and also as ‘Workman’ as in ID Act and that you can contemplate to lodge complaint with O/o Labor Commissioner (state/central as applicable in your case), Inspector appointed under State Shops and Establishments Act (at your location/location of your office) and Payment of Wages Act etc…………..    

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 June 2015

file a case of cheating under 420 ipc

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 July 2015

no useful views can be expressed unless cheque is seen alongwith reply of the bank.

your query is also vague as it does not specify as to what employer has to say.

how is it possible to have two cheques of the same no printed.  There is some mix up at bank side.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register