Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek Rawat (Principal)     20 January 2014

Foreign travel settlement as part of final settlement

Hi

I was employed with L&T Infotech limited for the period Apr-2006 to Nov-2006 and left voluntarily to pursue my MBA in Spain. During the course of my employment, i was deputed to the US for a period of 2 months and incurred reimbursable expenditure in the course of my deputation. I had submitted my claim form for the travel settlement with the concerned finance employee before i left the company. However, they have yet to settle my foreign travel claim and it has been over 7 years now. I have received a vareity of excuses/reasons and the amount is not trivial ~ 2800 USD. Some of the excuses i have received are : 1. The concerned finance employee left the company and did not hand over the concerned files, 2. My manager did not approve the claim and that is the only reason the claim is pending (I have since written 2 emails to him without any response). 3. It has been a long time (I have been pursuing this matter as religiously as i can, However, i reside in Madrid, Spain which has hampered me from being too active).

Additionally, the company had delayed my salary settlement for over a year and there were errors and i had to follow it up through various emails and phone calls and they took over 2 years for the same. Arent they supposed to pay me interest for the delay in settlement (as employees are liable for interest payment when they owe the company money).

Any guidance will be highly appreciated. Please feel free to ask me if more information is needed.

Regards

Vivek

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register