Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanaya   10 January 2015

Foreign court order- sending money

Hi,

My client is an NRI living in Dubai. There is a judgement against him passed by the court in Dubai. To pay the fine and amount awarded; he has to sell property in India and remit the money to Dubai ; since he does not have sufficient assets in Dubai.

He has also signed a settlement agreement with certain persons abroad for settling disputes, he needs to send money for this also. 

Is this possible under FEMA regulations? Can you tell me the procedure to follow?

I request you to reply as soon as possible because he will face imprisonment if he is unable to remit the amount from India.  

Warm Regards,

Sanaya

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     11 January 2015

You have to take permission of central government to send the money to dubai by explaining your grievance.  They will give permission on payment of some charges. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 January 2015

You have mentioned that it is your clients case, then what are you by profession, a lawyer or a tax consultant or an auditor? or what? In any case you have to send it through bank of some money transferring agents, you will be guided with the procedures to be followed by the bank/agent one you approach one.

(Guest)

Specific permission of the RBI is necessary before making remittance of heavy amount beyond precribed limit of free flow of funds.

mohd mahboob (financial assistant)     18 May 2015

every year , RBI provide guidline for foreign transaction or its RBI website ,if any amount cross limit ,so it is will be take permission.otherwise dont required.now -a-day many bank can be help for foreign remittance  and its procedure.thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register