Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemantjjjj (Manager)     16 July 2014

Forcing to sign bond after resignation

Hi,

I have been working with a company in India and they have sent me abroad ( Singapore) for a period of 19 days on business visitor visa and asked me to work as well over there .

After a month of coming back, I decided not to work with this company and put down my papers mentioning personal reasons, now they are behind me to sign a bond in back date ( a date 2 months ago ) for travelling abroad which they have missed to get signed from me earlier else threatening to hold my reliving letter, also they are asking me for all the compensation which they have incurred in sending me there though bond which I have not yet signed no where says that I have to pay actual, its a fixed amount bond.

Kindly advise me as what I can do in this scenario.

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar (Software Engineer)     16 July 2014

I am newcomer here, but common sense answer is do not ever sign any bonds now. Ask them to send an official letter or email asking the same, which they wouldnt do. They are simply threatening you to collect some money form you in your final salary, clearly this is against labour law and you can clearly state your intention of approaching for legal help if they insist not to relieve you without bond. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 July 2014

You follow as what your appointment letter say.

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your reply, they have already sent me a mail to sign that bond though they have sent that mail after my resignation date. Hence I want to understand the validity of that bond if I sign as whether it will be a valid one or not if I sign it ...reason I have to sign it is due to the fact that they will not issue me my relieving letter unless I sign it ( though they have not written such over mail, on mail they have just asked me to sign it and all follow up they are doing are all offline ).

Regards

Hi Ramachary,

My appointment letter says that company may send you for some training and you may have to sign bond. However in my case they have sent me on business meeting visa and didnt asked to sign any bond.

Though once I put down my papers , one month after coming back, they are now asking me to sign that bond else threatening me to stop my reliving letter and all.

More so that bond states that I have to pay Rs 1 Lacs, but now they are behind me to recover actual expenses incurred on the trip somewhere around Rs 4 Lacs else they won't give relieving.

Please advise what should I do in this situation.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register