Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunil krishnan (retd)     28 May 2014

Forcible removal of personnel items without panchanama

hello

was employed with a govt undertaking and had to attend a meeting in the chamber of the collector at Nagpur in 2007 as he was the chairperson and I was attending the same as member secretary and was to take the minutes of meeting but the collector was out right abusive and threatened to declare me as a naxelite and get me killed in an encounter this conversation was recorded on the ditata machine which I had carried to record the minutes of the meeting he was apprised of the device by a retired colleague of mine 

the collector then snatched the device from me and threw me out of the chamber and called a press conference and declared that I had illegally recorded the meeting and got the managing director of my corporation to suspend me a departmental inquiry was conducted in which the collector refused to testify and refused to attend the same the inquiry officer a retd commissioner in the govt dept exonerated me from all the charges and my suspension was withdrawn

Now I wish to know whether

a) I can file a FIR against the collector  to recover the Dicta device

b) If yes is there any time limitation factor

c) As I am based in Chennai can I send a letter to the Nagpur Police commissioner to register a FIR thru post?

d) Any other remedy

Learning

2 Replies

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     30 May 2014

Yes you can through court recover the device, file an fir but if the io is not corporative take help of local lawyer and file case in court

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     30 May 2014

write a detailed letter to the enquiry commission about the device possessed by the collector and request them to take the possission and hand over to you has it has cruxial evidence 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register