Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Kumar Das (manager)     12 December 2013

Forcefully written statement

Dear Sirs,

Is there any value of forcefully written statement before the women's husband and their friends that I have committed wrong to the wife?

Is it valid in court during trail?

Kindly let me know

Learning

3 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     12 December 2013

If you proves, such recorded statements are taken with force, it could not be stand before the court.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     12 December 2013

No , it has no value but you have to prove it in the court that the statement you have given is taken forcefully from you .

(Guest)

Hello, for a confession to be admissible in the court of law, it must be voluntary. It must be the outcome of a person’s own free will, inspired by the sound of his own conscience to speak nothing but truth. Extra-judicial confessions are those which are made by the party elsewhere than before a Magistrate or the Court. An extra-judicial confession has been defined to mean “a free and voluntary confession of guilt by a person accused of a crime in the course of conversation with persons other than judge or magistrate seized of the charge against himself.”

Extra-judicial confessions are generally made by a party to or before a private individual which includes even a judicial officer in his private capacity. Involuntary confession is one which made by a person either by fear of prejudice or hopes of advantage excited or held out by a person in authority or by oppression. Based on the above premises, it can be said that a statement made or signed under the influence of an external threat, force or duress or coercion, is not valid in the eyes of law. Such a statement shall not hold good in the Court of law.

Get a lawyer to help you with the case. You can call me at 09555 507 507 or send me a mail at info@lawkonect.com

-Regards

Advocate Pooja

www.lawkonect.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register