Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vedika singh (doctor)     10 August 2016

Forced resignation and non payment of salary

hello

I was working in a sister company (wellness clinic) as doctor since 2014 of a company which became LLP 10-11 months back. my increment was due in this Aug but my employer asked me to leave the job  in July end as they cannot afford my salary (as stated by them). I requested them to make me stay atleast till completion of  my 2 years in Aug. They agreed. To document everything officialy, I gave my resignation and notice period (through mail) of 1 month and made 20th Aug as my last working day. My resignation was accepted by the employer and agreed to 20th Aug as my last working day..(done through mail)  but 2 days later employer told me to make 31st July as my last working day verbally (not officialy documented)  and told me that I have to abide by it as I have no option since my there is no mention of notice period in my appointment letter. I agreed to this too unwillingly and left the job. I was told my salary for July will be given along with other employees... but I just enquired, everyone has received their salary for month of July a week back but no response to me yet. I am highly hurt and frustrated since I have given my all to the company all these years and now not only they have made me unemployed (cause m getting married in 3 months so cant join any new job), made me leave before 20 Aug but not relievng the salary of July as well. what I could do legally in my case..plz suggest.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 August 2016

"I agreed to this too unwillingly and left the job. I was told my salary for July will be given along with other employees..."

Is it in writing?

Is there any notice period if employer initiates termiantion?

Employee can lodge complaint the momment the payment of earned wages is delayed even if by a day, from usual/fixed pay day.

Request the employer to pay the salry of months of .......................and supply salary slips of all months, and narrate that on dated..........................Mr/Ms.............. asked you not to attend office from dated........................

If you are unable to resolve on your own lean on a very able counsel specializing in service matters.

My appointmnt lettr is pretty vague.... it has no mention of notice period neithr for employee or employer.... this is what they used to prepone my last workng frm 20 aug to 31 july...this was done verbally n no official intimation was given for this and i had no option but to agree... however when igave resignation and 1 month notice so as to documnt my resignation officialy....they replied to my mail by sayin they accpt my resignation and accpted 20aug as my last workng day.. this was done on mail.. but preponing my date was done verbally only...

In response to my resignation lettr they said that my full n final settlement will be done is aug end afyer serving my notice period and will b given my exprnc lettr then only...but then they had change of mind.... askd me to leave early and gave me a experience lettr dated for 20 aug 2016 and not to come to job in aug.

In response to my resignation lettr they said that my full n final settlement will be done is aug end afyer serving my notice period and will b given my exprnc lettr then only...but then they had change of mind.... askd me to leave early and gave me a experience lettr dated for 20 aug 2016 and not to come to job in aug.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 August 2016

Apparently you were not allowed full notice period.

The employer may have tender notice pay also.

Request the employer in writing as suggested in previous post.

If you are unable to resolve on your own lean on a very able counsel specializing in service matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register