LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ishita Das   18 June 2019

Flat's Car Parking Issue

I am purchasing a flat in a complex along with a covered car parking space. In sale agreement, it is mentioned a covered car parking space is allotted but no car parking slot number is mentioned. We have said to include it in registration deed. But builder is saying that allotment letter would be given separately for car parking space but allotted slot no. would not be mentioned in deed. Is it justified?

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     18 June 2019

Seperate allotment letter can be issued for car parking. However as per law builder is not having any right to sale open spaces. After formation society can again allot car parking.

Vijay Kumar Pothuraju   24 February 2022

Our Apartment consists of 6 Flats(2 x 3 BHKs; 4 x 2 BHKs). Here builder has provided 6 Car Parking slots as common parking. Now concern in that is, 2 parking slots are independent ones(straight parking. No dependency) and the remaining 4 slots are 1 over 1; i.e into 2 x 2; front and back car parking. In this, How we should choose/assign the slots?. Is that fine, if we take on first come and first served basis i.e By registration date? or By UDS area of the flat? or Any law Section to follow?. Or Rotational parking in the 2 indepedent slots? Please reply...

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     01 March 2022

Where in India is your flat? Laws change from State to State. There are also regulations like Development Control Regulations in Mumbai. Whether a builder can sell a parking lot depends on many things. If a builder, who wants to sell the parking lot to you, says that he cannot identify it and that the Society will allot it to you, is actually taking you for a ride. Don't pay for the parking lot. Has the Society been formed? If so ask the Chairman or Secretary and ask him to give the reply in writing.

Vijay Kumar Pothuraju   01 March 2022

It is in Tamil Nadu, Chennai. Its small apartment, totally 6 flats. No society yet. last 2 flats are sold recently.  I am the 1st person purchased and occupied- 3BhK, UDS is more compared to others

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     01 March 2022

Law is fluid in Tamilnadu regarding registration of associations for buildings. You will lose your money if you pay for the parking lot. Never pay for the unknown and undefined.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register