LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karanveer   28 November 2015

Fir withdrawl u/s 379 ipc

i am an accused  IPC U/S 379 for a misuse of lost credit card and the complaint is made in Delhi PS on JAN 2014. I have accepted the crime in front of IO. Complainant is a foregoing national. We are in touch with the complainant and try to settle the matter out of court.

Kindly guide me with following details:

Can a FIR be withdrawn from police station (u/s379  ipc) by complainant if both the parties want to settle the matter out of court. If No, then kindly guide me with the process.

I just had one appearance in PS and charge sheet is not yet been filed in court.

Learning

8 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 November 2015

1. Confession of an offence before the police is in-admissible in evidence.

2. It is only allegation u/s 379 IPC which is difficult to prove untill some thing (stolen) is recovered from your possession, consult your lawyer.

3. Appearnce before police has no importance, probably your are on police bail, isn't it? If so, the IO shall intimate you to appear before the Trial Court when s/he files the chargesheet.

4. After filing charge sheet you can seek for mediation and sort out the matter amicably, you shall be discharged on charge itself.

5. Contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper guidance, advise and proceeding.

Best wishes

But kindly let me know that is it possible that compliment can withdraw the FIR by a legal letter only as he is a foregion national and can not appear in front of police or court.

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     28 November 2015

Fir can only be qushed in High court under 482 CrPC.

Thanks & Regards,

Adv Nitish Banka

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 November 2015

Whether he is a foriegn or an Indian national,if the matter is settled outside the court he has to appear in person in the court to plead that his complaint is not being pressed for proceedings.

Other things as adviced by Adv Dr Vasistha.

If U have misused the credit card for making online transactions even section 66D of IT Act should have been incorporated.

recent update on the case is that coplainent has agreed to compromise with remburment+intrest for the amount used by card. Mr SAINATH card is not used for any online transactions. Kindly guide me as the picture is still not clear wheather she can take back her cmplaint and refuse for proceedings. If the matter can be sorted out without trials in court.and i do not have to face any legal actions.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     30 November 2015

If the chargesheet is not filed then the complainant can withdraw her complaint stating the reasons.In case the matter has reached the court,she can submit a withdrawl petition along with form 257 and state that as the matter is settled outside the court she is not pressing for the trail and proceedings. The court if satisfied may permit but may ask the complainant/accused to pay court charges.

If negatived in the lower court then the only option is to go for a quash in the high court.

karanveer   01 December 2015

Dear Mr Sainath ,

Requesting you to provide your contact details to cunsult regarding this case.

Thanks.

karanveer   01 December 2015

Yes the chargesheet has not been filed yet,and the complainent also want to withdraw the fir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register