LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

b2bhandshake (Consultant)     16 March 2019

Final hearing on a writ appeal in kar. high court postponed

This is regarding a land related case against Government of karnataka at the Karnataka High Court . My lawyer filed a Writ Appeal  in Nov 2017. The judgement on original Writ Petition asked GoK to investigate the matter within 6 months, which never happened. 

After waiting for a year, my lawyer moved a memo asking for the case to be listed for hearing. 

• The Final Hearing on the case was scheduled for 13th Feb 2019. The matter was listed as #62 on that day. Hearing on other cases went on till 5 PM and hearing on my case was adjourned. 
  • The same thing repeated when the case was listed for Final Hearing on 06/03/2019.  It is now listed as Adjourned "2WKS" on the High Court website

I just want the appeal to be heard so that I can have a judgement or move on !

My lawyer is not sure when the matter will be listed again. Can I send a personal letter/appeal to the Registrar General of High Court requesting an early Final Hearing  on the matter?

Learning

3 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     25 August 2019

You will have to wait since the matter has been listed for final orders.Sending request letter etc., might go adversly.

1 Like

b2bhandshake (Consultant)     25 August 2019

Sir, thanks for the reply. The wait seems to be unusually long after the final hearing had been scheduled and adjourned. 

Is it common to wait for 5-6 months ? 

Kushal   27 August 2019

Hi Sir it would be best suited if your Advocate can move a memo for advancement by mentionig the breif facts in front of the sitting judge so it would be listed the following day 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register